Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear View Mirror Loose!

Pcar_101

Hi all,

I have a 997.2 and I had a new windscreen fitted about 3 years ago, now the rear view mirror is very loose. Porsche say the windscreen needs to be replaced because the adhesive pad the mirror attaches to is part of the windscreen.

The windscreen is in perfect condition and I don't have £1,200 to waste, has anyone had this problem before or knows how I can resolve it without needing to replace the windscreen please?

thanks in advance :thumb:

Same thing happened to me with a 981, new windscreen fitted :roll: ......it was under warranty though otherwise I think I would have found a blue peter solution myself :bandit:

jonttt said:
Same thing happened to me with a 981, new windscreen fitted :roll: ......it was under warranty though otherwise I think I would have found a blue peter solution myself :bandit:

thanks jontt - I'm okay with a Blue Peter solution, just hoping someone will turn up with "here's one I prepared earlier"... :D

take it to a windscreen place and I'm fairly sure they will come up with a solution. ( there is a special glass/metal superglue as far as I remember )

jl-c said:
take it to a windscreen place and I'm fairly sure they will come up with a solution. ( there is a special glass/metal superglue as far as I remember )

Yes, I think this is the best way forward.

Hi all, just to close this thread and help others should they have the same issue.

I used a windscreen company called ScreenTec https://www.screentecwindscreens.co.uk/

These guys know the 911s/Porsches well, they came the first day and glued the plastic bezel back on the screen, taped it and left it. Came the second day and refitted the mirror.

£75+VAT, nice tidy and reliable job!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back