Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear leather seat base- cleaning help

ChrisS80

Monza
So... I'm heading out earlier today on my 1st proper drive out of the year and a couple of miles down the road my 5 year old announces from the back that there is a banana in the other rear seat. Safely stopping a mile or 2 later does indeed reveal she is correct and there in all its glory is a severely decomposed banana skin sitting in the bowl of the drivers side rear seat pad, one she had likely left approx 5 months previously :eek: :sad:
How I missed it I have no idea, but its rather a mess. After removing the easy wins with a baby wipe I'm left with several hard black raised sections which appear welded to the leather.
I'm not sure it's even saveable, but I'm willing to at least try. Any suggestions on the best way to tackle it?

Firstly I would try soaking a microfibre cloth in some hot water, ringing it out and leave on the banana overnight...

Sounds like you needs a rear seat delete solves the problem you have now and stops any future reoccurrence at the same time win win as they say :)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back