Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear facing baby seat?

nveeate

We had a baby about a month ago, so I thought this might be the perfect opportunity to get a 911, after year of 'nearly' buying one( before choosing various alternatives!). I'm looking at the 991, and have read various articles - but still don't have a much clearer picture. I'm currently worried that I can't get a 911 yet after all!

.... So: are there any baby seats that can go in the back of a 911? Due to his age, it has to be rear facing. My wife prefers to be in the front and has short legs, if that helps 😁

I don't have any 991 experience on this topic but do have experience with my 997.

It sounds like the 991 has rear isofix where the 997 doesn't. I used a Silver Cross Simplicity in my car. I used the rear seat belt in my car to secure the baby seat and it was stayed securely in place.

https://www.silvercrossbaby.com/outlet/car-seats/simplicity-eclipse/

The do have an isofix base for it but it is quite bulky so not sure about that one. If it fits the 997 I suspect it'll fit the 991. Perhaps worth taking a trip to Halfords as they let you test their display seats out in the car.

It is lucky that Mrs nveeate has short legs.

Good luck on this noble quest. There is something brilliant about being able to have your cake and eat it with these cars. Being able to have an epic machine and still being able to go on short trips/days out is good fun. People do a double take when you produce a baby from the back seats!

Thanks for your reply. Reading round a bit more, a rear facing seat in the back seems unlikely (did you have yours front facing?). Disappointingly that means that a 911 probably would get much use until he can be front facing in the back (15 mths old, so another 14 mths to go!). So, I did the sensible thing and bought the car anyway :)

I put my daughter in the forward facing seat when she was 9 months old. Technically they have to be 9kg which is around that age. Didn't bother with the rear facing one at all. Trust me the time goes so quickly that it'll soon come around for you.

She gets lots of smiles when we pull up at the lights and people clock her in the back :grin:

Enjoy having your cake and eating it too :thumb:

Ok, thanks. Picked up the car today - will try the seat we have, and failing that do a Halfords trip!

I had to do the halfords trip in the 991 Turbo yesterday as none of the 4 baby seats we currently have fit in the back of the 991!

Eventually found a halfords branded one which is group 1 and suitable for my 16month old and it actually fits in the back of the 991!

Twins

If this can help, I have twins, and had no problems with two baby seats on the back, I have the isofix (front facing, don't think rear facing will fit. For rear facing, I've seen some official Porsche sit, but for the front seat.
When they were young, it was perfect (I have the cabrio, this helped in dropping them from the top ;-) ). Now that they are bigger (5 yo), they start to have difficulties, I have a shoe on both sides of my seat.

But we have a lot of fun, go for it!!!

Mike

Kadafi39 said:
I had to do the halfords trip in the 991 Turbo yesterday as none of the 4 baby seats we currently have fit in the back of the 991!

Eventually found a halfords branded one which is group 1 and suitable for my 16month old and it actually fits in the back of the 991!

To update my post, it fit in the back, but when I got home and tried to secure it, no matter what I tried would get is tight, it moved around way too much, possibly because of the height of the belt and it not going through the belt guides on the seat or just the shape of the rear seat meaning you can't push it all the way back.
I tried about 5 different seats, none fit properly. In the 991 only seats with isofix will secure tightly. There are a few options, the best I could find was the britax advansafix, about £250 but fits really well, even with the seat bases left in.

Kadafi39 said:
Kadafi39 said:

To update my post, it fit in the back, but when I got home and tried to secure it, no matter what I tried would get is tight, it moved around way too much, possibly because of the height of the belt and it not going through the belt guides on the seat or just the shape of the rear seat meaning you can't push it all the way back.
I tried about 5 different seats, none fit properly. In the 991 only seats with isofix will secure tightly. There are a few options, the best I could find was the britax advansafix, about £250 but fits really well, even with the seat bases left in.

I think that matches the one I bought.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089TBCFW3/

Pretty easy to get in but a ***** to release the isofix points until you get the hang of the hand gymnastics required.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back