Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Radio fascia

Hi Judder - Sorry, my last post was about ChrisCoates81s problem, your install looked fine!

On your GPS antenna question... I'm not sure the grey plug in your pic is the right one. I looked into using the OEM GPS antenna on my Pioneer SPH-DA120, and concluded that I needed GT5-1PP (Grey) connector to Avic Green connector.

I was unable to find one of those at the time, and so ordered a GT5-1PP to SMA adaptor, and SMA to Avic Green adaptor from China (to make up one lead out of the two). Anyroad, I ran out of patience before it all arrived and used the GPS antenna that came with my head unit!

Ive just dug out the GT5-1PP lead that eventually arrived from China though, and it looks slightly different to the one in your pic. Like this, in fact:
- https://www.amazon.com/GT5-1PP-RG174-antenna-Chrysler-Mercedes/dp/B01C3N3EJ0

I will have a look this weekend, part of me just wants to pay someone to edge it in a bit more lol. The rats nest behind looks like a real nightmare to work with. The metal bit is flush, however there is adjustment in the depth of the radio so maybe i should have a play with that.

chriscoates81 said:
I will have a look this weekend, part of me just wants to pay someone to edge it in a bit more lol. The rats nest behind looks like a real nightmare to work with. The metal bit is flush, however there is adjustment in the depth of the radio so maybe i should have a play with that.

Adjusting the head unit depth may well help too.

I know you mean about handing it to someone else - you need 4 hands to connect/disconnect the wires and hold the head unit without scratching anything. I ended up using an upturned 'garden kneeler' from my folks as a makeshift table I could put across the transmission tunnel. No idea how Id have done it without.

Attachments

• hozelock_garden_kneeler_208.jpg
    hozelock_garden_kneeler_208.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 3,994
TBH whats more annoying is its only aesthetics, but im looking to sell in a few weeks (or list it at least) and i dint want potential buyers being put off by it.

I feel your pain! From memory, you might be able to adjust the head unit depth without disconnecting all the wires/removing it entirely?

Yea there's some adjusters on the side so there's a fair bit of adjustment but I'm not sure if I was catching something trying to get them in.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back