Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question for detaillers out there ..

stokie1

Spa-Francorchamps
So my gts has been ceramic coated but I'd like to give her a bit of a polish this weekend

What can I use that won't ruin but will enhance the ceramic treatment

Ceramic is 12 months old but the car has only done about 1200 dry miles

Thanks in advance

Something in line of G techniq C2 should do well :thumb:

Slayer said:
Something in line of G techniq C2 should do well :thumb:
+1 - Gtechniq C2 is a great top-up product

I've recently been using Gyeon Ceramic Detailer, it is easy to apply, does not seem to streak (unless you over apply) and gives an incredibly slick / gloss finish!

Most manufacturers recommend using a product from the same stable, designed to work with the ceramic coating... but then I guess they would!

Enjoy! :thumb:

Thanks all - just want to give it a bit of extra shine!

Not sure if you are aware but when talking about polishing a car usually it refers to using a machine with cutting/polishing pads and compound or polish to flat out the clear and make the paint appear as glossy as possible.

Any form of polishing will remove the ceramic coating you have just paid to have applied.

You're supposed to polish and prep the paint before the ceramic coating.

The only sort of products that won't strip the ceramic are glazes, waxes and other filling type products, though it won't make much difference in terms of looks if the car recently was ceramic coated anyway.

bought a lambs wool mitt and gave it a polish post wash

How do you know if your ceramic needs redoing?

As I said mine is 12 months old but hardly done any dry miles and only been washed a handful of times ??

Attachments

• polish_145.jpg
    polish_145.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 655
It should be fine hearing your description of usage .
Usually it is the water repellency which gives an idea.

Kadafi39 said:
Not sure if you are aware but when talking about polishing a car usually it refers to using a machine with cutting/polishing pads and compound or polish to flat out the clear and make the paint appear as glossy as possible.

Any form of polishing will remove the ceramic coating you have just paid to have applied.

You're supposed to polish and prep the paint before the ceramic coating.

The only sort of products that won't strip the ceramic are glazes, waxes and other filling type products, though it won't make much difference in terms of looks if the car recently was ceramic coated anyway.

This guys knows ^

stokie1 said:
bought a lambs wool mitt and gave it a polish post wash

How do you know if your ceramic needs redoing?

As I said mine is 12 months old but hardly done any dry miles and only been washed a handful of times ??

The product you had applied would have an expected life expectancy, some ceramic coatings can be as little as 6 months and some up to 5 years! Best to speak with the person that applied it.

But as slayer says water repellency will give you an idea, as will water beading on the paint. If the water spots appear like tight little drops then there is definitely some coating on the paint. Blowing on the water bubbles should result in them joining together and sheeting off the panel.

Be careful what you apply on top if a ceramic coating, a product which is good in its own properties is likely to degrade the benefit of the ceramic coating especially if it has 'fillers". Its usually best to speak to whoever applied the ceramic coating for their recommended maintenance regime. you should really have got a leaflet / information when it was applied on how to maintain it.

Gyeon and Gtechniq and others rarely miss out on the opportunity to sell you more of their products so there should be plenty of recommendations from them on how to top up your protection!

I think it's probably Ceramic Pro. They sell some magic juice for £65 a bottle.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back