Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Polish v Wax v Ceramic Coating

Gardx Ceramic Vehicle Protection: only £799 for a certified lifetime guarantee

This will be a first for me, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out, especially with the "flying rat" poo that living by the seaside ensures.

IMHO these dealer upsell opportunities are not worth the money! :poop:

I have had these on previous cars and been suitably unimpressed every time. On my last car, I refused to pay for it, but they did it (apparently) FOC. As mentioned by Jonttt, it's all in the preparation! And these makes of products are not used by professional detailers, just some spotty youth at the dealership (if at all). If you do go for it, insist on some before and after evidence of the work done. The guarantee is worthless BTW and is not evidence.

Trust me, this will add zero value or obvious results to your car, spend the money with a trusted professional who will assess your paintwork first and give you more options / recommendations, with transparent results!

Last edited:
I hope the car is already in near perfect paint condition as that price cannot include the normal prep work required prior to applying a ceramic coating ie normal price is c£1500 to £2000+, most of the work / cost is in prepping the paint not applying the coating ;-)
OPC (JCT600 Newcastle)are preparing it and I’m having the leather/fabric treated too at an extra 600or so.
Reading up about it tonight it seems that the soft top fabric will not be protected so I will have to ask how to look after it.
Last car I had with a soft top was a Lotus 7 and that was so long ago I can’t remember what material it was made of.
I’m just hoping that it’s a good product as I didn’t really want another black car (3 911s all black) because of the high maintenance keeping it looking good.

I have had these on previous cars and been suitably unimpressed every time. On my last car, I refused to pay for it, but they did it (apparently) FOC. As mentioned by Jonttt, it's all in the preparation! And these makes of products are not used by professional detailers, just some spotty youth at the dealership (if at all). If you do go for it, insist on some before and after evidence of the work done. The guarantee is worthless BTW and is not evidence.

Trust me, this will add zero value or obvious results to your car, spend the money with a trusted professional who will assess your paintwork first and give you more options / recommendations, with transparent results!
Yeah I am a bit cynical about it…bit like the extended warranty offered for electrical appliances 😂
But with the car being black, I decided I wanted to try it. Had black 911s for the last 14years.
In 1999 when I lived in Canada, I bought a brand new truck and they offered underbody protection (can’t remember the product or cost)and when I picked up the vehicle it didn’t look like anything was done. But I kept it for 11 years and when I eventually sold it in this country, it had absolutely no rust anywhere and the roads are plastered in salt for months in the winter over there.
I don’t expect the coating to add any value or even desirability but just hoping it helps keep it a bit cleaner.

Improved appearance can be quite the deep rabbit hole. Polishing, PPF and a ceramic coating is a great process. I feel it’s worth it to protect the car a bit from chips and make washing lots easier. I have been using Gyeon products for 4 years and like how they work.

+1

gardx is a complete wheeler dealer profit margin that Mike Brewer sells for what is a cheap product, with so many t&c for the lifetime warranty, 99% owners never qualify

try dropping Rich an email at https://www.waxaddict.co.uk/ he is insanely knowledgeable about wax and can advise what is best for how you deal with your car - ie do you want to actually spend saturdays waxing it before a drive or just let it wait for an annual waxing?
I have bought a few from him over the years - only reason i dont buy more is they last so well i have loads left in the pots I bought. Look at graphene, not cheap but bloody good - and Vortex is fabulous - its expensive, make no mistake but its terrific.

My method is a good polish (collinite is amazing for the money) then a coat of vortex - job done!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back