Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ceramic coating maintenance

System

Monza
My Cayenne had something called Stardust PCS5 paint coating applied to it a couple of years ago and I was wondering how to detail it beyond simply washing it. Should I try to top up the coating in some way given it's age? Can you polish / wax ceramic in any way, shape or form?

I would add that it looks pretty good...I just like cleaning cars :)

Unsure about your product but stuff like G techniq can be topped up with C2 etc. I am almost sure you could use a quick detailing spray

If its ceramic coated then a wax wouldn't adhere well to it.

I would use one of the hybrid ceramic sprays as a post wash top up. Something like Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic is very good

Does it have to be a ceramic detailing spray like Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic or could I just use my Sonax Brilliant Shine QD?

Stardust Pcs - Developed in Finland taking into account the varying weather conditions in the north.

Stardust Pcs is a new kind of combination of silicon compounds, oxygen and water. The coating forms an elastic and highly durable protective layer on the car's paint surface, the gloss and water repellency of which are top-class on the market. The Stardust-coated car also strongly repels all contaminants.

A car treated with Stardust is easy to keep clean and does not need or should not be waxed.

Never heard of this stuff and a bit tricky to work out if this is a ceramic or just an SIo2 coating. You can use whatever coating you prefer, it does not have to be ceramic based. Stardust appear to offer their own topper, but looks like you need to find a reseller.

System said:
Does it have to be a ceramic detailing spray like Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic or could I just use my Sonax Brilliant Shine QD?
Either should be fine . They will last only for a couple of months anyway

Slayer said:
Unsure about your product but stuff like G techniq can be topped up with C2 etc. I am almost sure you could use a quick detailing spray
+1
Use Gtechniq C2 V3 as a top-up after each wash on my ceramic coated cars, and always comes up a treat. :thumb:

I have used all of the above on my Gtechniq ceramic coated cars, but find the best & easiest is Meguirs last touch detail spray. When finished washing, leave car wet, spray on, spread with microfibre & buff dry with another microfibre. Takes about 5-10 mins. Comes up great :thumb:

My detailer gave me a can of Autoglym Rapid Ceramic Spray to use ... seems to work fine :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back