Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Private sale options and thoughts in the current market for a 992 (?)

Ant18

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all well.
I have been considering selling my beloved 911 and was wondering if any of you have gone down the path of the private sale on here for example or something like autotrader?
Any success or horror stories?
Thanks
Ant.

I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest in a beautiful Miami Blue car.

Add some details (history, mileage etc) on this thread and see if you get any interest.

A full advert on here costs nothing. See the panel on left for how to create one.

Obviously the big downside of trying to car like yours privately will be the finance but any properly motivated buyer looking to save themselves a lot of £££s by buying privately should be able to sort that out for themselves.

I suspect that any advert you place anywhere will attract a lot of low ball offers from 'the trade' but at least you'll quickly learn the minimum you'll achieve.

GLWTS :thumb:

As Terry mentions there will be few private buyers with the wedge required to buy the car outright along with those considering spending 992 money will want the reassurance of a dealer warrantied sale.

That said if the car has OPC warranty and the price is attractive you may find the right buyer. When you advertise it you may also get a few traders wanting to offer SOR. There are some big hitters in the game of buying stock so if they're well known and trade decent cars then I wouldn't discount this route. They will be looking for a car that's in showroom condition requiring no prep so not due a service in the immediate future, requires no paint correction, tyres etc and ideally has the OPC warranty intact.

As you're NW based Porsche Stockport usually advertise for stock so it might be worth giving them a call - Dean Clarke is the group buyer 07973 831 594.

Expect the trade to Porsche retail price to be £10k less. So selling private mid way price gives you a ballpark figure.

Going to Cars & Caffeine at Sutton Hall Macclesfield tomorrow morning? Early start but I'll be there.

I sold 3 'nearly new cars' in the past 12 months.

The formula I found that works best is....list on Autotrader at the Autotrader suggested private price - be prepared this will be thousands less than you see cars listed for but also thousands more than trade bids (WBAC, Motorway).

The Porsche I listed at £84,500 when there was similar cars on AT listed at £90K Plus, but trade bids on mine were around £80k, I listed at £84,500 and it sold to a dealer within 7 hours for £83,700.

The biggest lesson I learnt is don't be greedy, a few years ago I was selling a Supercar, I got an offer for £150k, but wanted £153k, so turned down the offer, it took a further 6 months to sell....at £129k :eek:

If you want to sell privately, make sure you know what a real concrete trade offer is, and expect to get 5% more private sale.

All 3 cars I sold in the last 12 months have gone to dealers, private buyers are either in short supply or quite often expect to pay less than trade.

The other option is collecting cars, where cars seem to sell well, but buyers have to pay a 7% fee, so this will cap what they are ultimately willing to bid.

Zingari said:
As Terry mentions there will be few private buyers with the wedge required to buy the car outright along with those considering spending 992 money will want the reassurance of a dealer warrantied sale.

That said if the car has OPC warranty and the price is attractive you may find the right buyer. When you advertise it you may also get a few traders wanting to offer SOR. There are some big hitters in the game of buying stock so if they're well known and trade decent cars then I wouldn't discount this route. They will be looking for a car that's in showroom condition requiring no prep so not due a service in the immediate future, requires no paint correction, tyres etc and ideally has the OPC warranty intact.

As you're NW based Porsche Stockport usually advertise for stock so it might be worth giving them a call - Dean Clarke is the group buyer 07973 831 594.

Expect the trade to Porsche retail price to be £10k less. So selling private mid way price gives you a ballpark figure.

Going to Cars & Caffeine at Sutton Hall Macclesfield tomorrow morning? Early start but I'll be there.

The spread on cash trader buyers at an OPC and their retail price for a 992 is about 15% to 20% at the moment, plus prep costs - so more like £15k to £20k

:eek:

vroomvroom said:
The spread on cash trader buyers at an OPC and their retail price for a 992 is about 15% to 20% at the moment, plus prep costs - so more like £15k to £20k

:eek:

Cowboys :bandit:

I’ll pay 10% more than WBAC if anyone wants out of their early 992 c2/4/s.

Dealers are using them for px values atm.

Are they?

WBAC don't want them currently, so are underbidding, a couple of dealers, like OPC East London are then showing WBAC bids to customers in the hope they are desperate, stupid or both. 😀

Put your car into Mororway and see what trade bids you get is probably the best starting point.

WBAC offered £35 for my GT4. Naturally I snatched their hand off :rolleyes:

They don’t want cars to feed the auction, dealers have forecourts full and are not looking for stock

It’s cars like this that make 2019 992 look ridiculously overpriced. Genuinely frustrating
4AA9F03F-A9F9-43B0-A329-A2957B5C1AE4.png

I bought a car very similar to the silver car above (2019) at very similar price 2 months ago
Worth every penny -the styling,interior quality and that engine is fantastic
If you want one get it -cant endorse enough as a daily driver

I bought a car very similar to the silver car above (2019) at very similar price 2 months ago
Worth every penny -the styling,interior quality and that engine is fantastic
If you want one get it -cant endorse enough as a daily driver
Great car mate.

I think 50% of the value of that 10 mile car would be a brilliant price to achieve for a 5 year old car with over 30k miles.

Half the price of a 2023 turbo s is crazy imo.

Any car worth 50% of rrp after 3 years was doing well before furlough pricing madness started.

Surprised at the lack of comments on that T. It’s a stunner

in oct 2019 I looked at a 991.2 Carrera T at Bristol OPC up for 75k
A quick look today shows similar cars around 70k mark -4 years later
That 10 mile car is a good bet at 70-80k in 2027!

No chance imo. I can’t see how that makes any sense whatsoever

A car worth 50% of its value after 3 years was doing well pre covid.

Why would anyone buy a 3 year old car for £80k if they can buy a new one (10 miles) for £20k more?

The 911 gt3 pyramid scheme is over. Normality has resumed.

You would have to be mental to pay anywhere near 80k for the silver car I posted when new cars are available and discounted.

Low supply and high demand has dictated prices for the last few years along with people chasing a gt3 allocation. That has now flipped the other way.

Last edited:
It’s cars like this that make 2019 992 look ridiculously overpriced. Genuinely frustrating
View attachment 94973
The 2019 cars retained % of its original / new price is comparable to what a 4 year old Carrera S would have cost you before the world went mad so I wouldn’t say it’s overpriced (expensive yes!) and TBH anyone looking at spending £80k on an S is probably not looking at spending another £25K on a new T.
Prices are softening but they’ll always be expensive cars and those waiting for a bargain are probably in for a long wait.
For context, in 2017 I bought a 2014 well spec’d Carrera S from an OPC for £74K, I believe the car cost around £86k when new which is not too different to used 992 prices now.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back