Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Innodrive thoughts.

NaughtyGnome

Hi!

I have a 992 C4 on order (my first porsche), placed the order back in July 2022. I'm still waiting for my build slot and I was expecting this, advised that the car would likely be delivered mid 2024.

Randomly logged into the configurator today to look at the spec again and the price has jumped 10k which is a lot really and more that I was expecting at the next price increase.

There are some second hand options that have 90% my spec out there for much less and only 5 to 10k miles on them.

One of my real desires was the Innodrive tech, mainly because I'm a tech nerd and wanted to see how well it works etc. I'm considering cancelling my order and getting a second hand car but so few of the available ones have Innodrive. Do any of you have the Innodrive, if you do, do you use it, would you spec it again? Or is it something that really has little value?

I appreciate in buying a 911 I'm getting a car that is there to be driven not one to let the car drive you so much but the tech nerd in me is strong.

Thanks in advance.

Gnome.

I'm not sure re the 911 but I have just purchased a Taycan as the 2nd owner. Innodrive is offered as a software update (at a cost of c£18 monthly or c£750 one off).....there is a 3 month free trial to see if you want / like it. This can all be done from the My Porsche App.

I believe the only criteria to have this option if not specced at build is that the car is fitted with the adaptive cruise radar unit (which mine has).

Probably worth checking that with an OPC as it means so long as a car has adaptive cruise you can try and buy even if not currently optioned on the car.

*this may be a Taycan only thing.

As as aside I have resisted as I've had autopilot equivalents on my previous two hybrids (none Porsche) and they where borderline dangerous. If I know I'm going to do a few longer motorway runs I may try the 3 month trial though.

Oh, that's very interesting I'll need to do some research on that!

Thank you for the reply and congrats on the Taycan!

Just to update on this.

Speaking with a dealer for a 2nd hand I'm looking at, has the acc but dealer has confirmed innodrive cannot be activated if it was not originally shipped with it from the factory.

A shame but a really good thought thanks!

Must just be a Taycan thing then, it was worth checking though :thumb:

Hello naughtygnome. So I went for ACC on my 992.1 C2S- I was like you , a bit of a tech nerd and love the new 'Shinny new toys". After a while it started to dawn on me that I felt awkward being 'baby sat' in a Porsche 911. I ordered a Targa GTS (arrives next month) and I initially spec'd InnoDrive but at the final stage I decided not to go for the bells and whistles as don't we all agree that 911's are meant to be driven and NOT ridden in :) Probably more appropriate for a C2S C4S as these are drivers cars , but for my Targa GTS, but I still want to 'drive it" and not being told what to do :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back