Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 - thoughts on this? a fair price based on the ad?

Shuey

Hey all - could I get a second opinion on this. I’m a bit far from it - I know a lot of it comes down to seeing the car.
Based on the ad, do you think it’s fairly priced? Or a bit over. Was initially at 29.5k.

I think that is a fair price especially given that it looks to have been well maintained and in good condition. One of the owners wanted more noise given the mods so will require a test drive re suitability. Whilst the mileage is leggy compared to others it’s nothing for a car of this age and will give plenty more service

Looks good, buyers market at the moment so the seller may be open to some negotiation. A PPI is vital though and may give you some leverage on price as well and identify any potential issues

Seller knows what he's on about and looks like that reflects in the ownership and condition. It's a thumbs up from me.

I would be interested in that if I was in the market. Previous owner was in it for the long term which is a good sign. Potentially a good deal on the cards, would also PPI regardless though as mentioned above

Thanks all for the comments. Yup if I decide to put an offer - I’ll defo do PPI.

Another question - how easy is it replace the rear seat pad with a new one? And any idea on cost for a new one

ALSO can anyone advise on the real world difference on mpg between an S and standard 997.2?

I know it’s the last thing you think of when buying a sports car but I’ll be coming out of a M2 - and this will be my daily.

what can I expect pootling around town in an S vs a non S?

Same speed same mpg approx........but that never happens when you have more power :ROFLMAO:

Thanks all for the comments. Yup if I decide to put an offer - I’ll defo do PPI.

Another question - how easy is it replace the rear seat pad with a new one? And any idea on cost for a new one
Easy-velcro on the underside-not sure how much

Rear seat pad is just velcro’d on. I only have a 3.6 997.2 PDK C4 cab. I don’t drive it hard enough, round town though I live in a rural area is low to mid 20’s. Depends on how heavy the right foot is and how twisty/engaging the roads are. On a blast back on the French autoroutes from Austria I obtained a reasonable mpg, but that is the exception rather than the rule. A DSC sport controller for suspension if it does not have one is a must. Don’t be put off too much by the mileage, Porsches like to be driven rather than placed in a glass case!IMG_7468.jpeg

Not much of a difference in MPG between S and base Carrera. Depends how heavy your right foot would be ..🧐

I think it's sensibly priced and as others have said the recent work and knowledge of the owner would be a big plus for me.

Agreed, looks like a nice one at a decent price. Definitely get a PPI done by someone decent. I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage. I have the Milltek back boxes on my car and they are quite loud. The seat cushions do come up on ebay for £100-£200 second hand. I can't see much an issue with the ones in the car as they do end up having the odd dimple in them here and there. You can spruce them up a bit with leather cleaners, etc. Good luck!

I think that looks great value at that price. Looking at the spec, apart from no Sport Chrono, it has loads of other nice options. Possibly even a demo / press car spec?

The Milltek exhaust will only be the rear centre box instead of the restrictive OEM one, so it won't be very loud. You'd need a PSE type switchable one for max volume.

cool thanks for all the info guys. Will keep you all updated if I do go for it.

I think realistically I’m going to wait a bit longer and see what else comes on market. I ideally wanted the non S version, (primarily down to not have to fork out £700 on tax).
Plus I also wanted the sport chrono clock - I know sounds a bit ott but just love the look of having that on the dash.

Anyway if he does drop a bit more then I might reconsider - my m2 costs me 400 more in Insurance and tax vs what 997.2 Cs will cost which to me feels a bit mad.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back