Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Predict the highest bid on this 997.2

I think it's par for the course now. Values of such cars are rocketing in Germany. In Finland, where I am, the cheapest 997.2 C2 (PDK, Macadamia, Private sale) is €68.5k.

Zingari said:
T8 said:
Now showing as 'unsold'. :?

I'm assuming that it either didn't reach its' reserve or there's an issue with the buyer.

Not surprsing on this platform where unless you've actually seen the car of had it inespcted beforehand you really are buying blind. Oh and CC will take their commission (now 7.2% up to £100k) to put you in touch with the seller with no refunds from them.

There's a real risk of a turd rolled in glitter in the world of the Emperor's New Clothes :roll:

Speaking of carousel selling there's an 'infamous' 997 GT3 awaiting lauch on the platform for the fourth time I believe :bandit:

Is this the 'infamous' GT3 you mention?
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2006-porsche-911-997-gt3-1

What's the back story? Clearly I'm out of the loop on this one...

George Eaton would froth at this

Zingari said:
T8 said:
Now showing as 'unsold'. :?

I'm assuming that it either didn't reach its' reserve or there's an issue with the buyer.

Not surprsing on this platform where unless you've actually seen the car of had it inespcted beforehand you really are buying blind. Oh and CC will take their commission (now 7.2% up to £100k) to put you in touch with the seller with no refunds from them.

There's a real risk of a turd rolled in glitter in the world of the Emperor's New Clothes :roll:

Speaking of carousel selling there's an 'infamous' 997 GT3 awaiting lauch on the platform for the fourth time I believe :bandit:

Will send you a PM, interested in the story here as I have a mate bidding on it.

I'm not too surprised by it getting to 48,500 (based on new was 60ish? before options...) and relatively lowish mileage.

But am very surprised it didn't sell.

Anyway value is whatever people are prepared to pay for it.... Is a mclaren f1 really worth 10 mill? If that what people want to pay then of course it is.

I'm not sure on 997.2s at mo value wise... they are going up fast... and I assume it's because people are paying for it. Did want to get into one but I'm not really convinced at paying 30k for a 100k miler. 25k - yeh that's something I'd probably look at.

But saying that... it's the last of more mechanical modern Porsches... and low numbers. Could keep going higher and higher... especially when super hatches cost 40k plus.

Ps the GT3 looks fantastic

Wonder how high this GT3 will go...
83k for 10k miler went back in March for a GT3 club sport

67k for 60k miler gt3. Went up 6k in the last 10 mins before auction ended.

The red mist of the Auction. :dont know:

Yoshuey said:

I'd be interested to know what was 'infamous' about that car - I was a bidder in the last few mins but ultimately didn't win it, however I couldn't find any information online about the car and felt the pictures showed a clean and honest example... A smidge over 70k inc fees seemed a pretty good deal

Jay. said:
Yoshuey said:

I'd be interested to know what was 'infamous' about that car - I was a bidder in the last few mins but ultimately didn't win it, however I couldn't find any information online about the car and felt the pictures showed a clean and honest example... A smidge over 70k inc fees seemed a pretty good deal

Interesting, did you inspect or view the car? What in the CC platform gave you confidence to bid that sort of money? Genuine interested why people trust CC so much?

I've used collecting cars.....to buy a reg plate :hand:

I do know someone who has bought 5 cars off the site in the past 6 months or so......he drives them for a bit then chops them in with dealers against other cars, always at a 'paper" profit.....its like anything, all about getting the right car for the right price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back