Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice RS replica at JZM

jackal2513 said:
lovely car .... proper RS seats by the looks of things too

look at it this way ... if it was the real thing, it would never leave the garage

Some do :D

Dave said:
jackal2513 said:
lovely car .... proper RS seats by the looks of things too

look at it this way ... if it was the real thing, it would never leave the garage

Some do :D

Indeed! A mate has just bought his second RS. This one is a rubystone clubsport with less than 10K on the clock. It's already had its first track outing at Oulton Park last week and will be taking it on our trip to Spa in a couple of weeks. :)

Very nice touches and it all helps with a good finish.

For a heads-up, its now become alot easier to buy replacement rear glass with no wiper hole (RS style). Fuch on this forum supplies them, so its not just a case of paying a fortune at OPC anymore.

The front bumper on yours may be RS or it may be a modified standard one. I've shaved the washer jets on mine to achieve this look.

Chris

To replace the bumper is part of the Jasmine conversion. The washer holes are the only difference between RS and non-RS, by the looks of it?

wildatheart said:
To replace the bumper is part of the Jasmine conversion. The washer holes are the only difference between RS and non-RS, by the looks of it?

that's correct :thumb: however RS' destined for Sweden (or could have been Switzerland?) had to have washer jets and heated rear screen so I guess would have same as C2/C4 one

edit: did read somewhere that the RS bumper is formed from a thinner grade but I can't see/notice any difference and it's not noted on any spec' sheets/press releases etc......

wildatheart said:

Only other difference that im aware of is that the RS came with a foglight blank, which was basically a clear plastic lense with no light unit behind it. A good few owners replaced this with the plastic duct system that your 964 has fitted.

Chris

When you you pick her up?

:popcorn:

PeterS said:
When you you pick her up?

:popcorn:

I'm to get an update early this week. I think the car is only going into the body shop today and then the technicals are to be done after that, so it's been sitting around for a little over a week, which is agonising :frustrated:

EDIT: I got that wrong - the week after I purchased it had the technicals done, body the following week.

wildatheart said:
it's alright for you guys but all I can do is ogle a few more pics :sad:

P1190444-Edit_zpsef730916.jpg

Stupid Q: What would I need to mod a 964 C2 targa to look & "sit" like this one?

1. How much would I be looking at for new suspension + geo check?
2. What's the PN of those wheels, and how much for a set, typically?
3. Who in Essex / South East is recommended to make these mods on my behalf?

Dino_jr said:
wildatheart said:
it's alright for you guys but all I can do is ogle a few more pics :sad:

P1190444-Edit_zpsef730916.jpg

Stupid Q: What would I need to mod a 964 C2 targa to look & "sit" like this one?

1. How much would I be looking at for new suspension + geo check?
2. What's the PN of those wheels, and how much for a set, typically?
3. Who in Essex / South East is recommended to make these mods on my behalf?

1. You might get away with some eibach lowering springs and spacers rather than having to buy and fit new suspension - 500-1k (latter would be 1.5-2k probably)
2. these appear to be genuine rs speedlines so are about 5k if you can find them. Get some RH reps or the like - 1k (1.5k with tyres)
3. I use HP Motorsport near Hainhult in Essex for my 964 and I recommend them. Lots of options though in SE/Essex

I'm amazed that JZM would advertise a 964 C2 for 50K, knowing the car has rear wing corrosion, a broken sunroof and leaks oil...

For that kind of '964 news' breaking money I'd expect the car to be perfect - I assume they're carrying out the works as part of the sale.

Anyway congratulations on the purchase, looks very smart and nicely customised!

PS. I humbly suggest you bin the 'RS' badge. I'm sure the car's great under it's own merit. :thumb:

Hi

Lovely car, and its great that you are on the forum also.

Wish you well to drive her. If it were my car I would contact one of the professional rust proofers and have the car done. Unless you are like me and do that sort of thing yourself (I doubt it lol).

Wish you well to drive her!

You might also consider a geo at CG if the car has not had a good one already.

All the best

Berni

Wow great looking car, congratulations .

I've just spent a day polishing mine but can't stop nipping out for runs in it, great hobby cars the air cooled Porsches and you are definately hitting the ground laughing with that example :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back