Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 981 GT4 Project

OllyW

Silverstone
Thought it was about time to start a project thread as I've had the car 10 days now and I plan to do a few bits with it. I recently sold my 997.2 Carrera S to make way for a 981 GT4 and couldn't be happier with it.

The car is a 6k mile Guards Red Clubsport car with a load of nice spec.

Here it is on collection day in it's natural habitat:

I fancy some BBS E88s after having a set on my 997 but polished lips aren't ideal over winter, so for now the wheels have been refurbed White Gold as I'm not a fan of black wheels.

First track day at Croft went really well along with my Dad's 991.2 GT3. Honestly - not an awful lot between them other than the engine which is a really nice surprise. The car is all I hoped for and more on track. I'd like more noise for the road but don't want to struggle with track days.

I managed to fit the fire extinguisher, which has never been fitted, in conjunction with the mat which was impossible according to Porsche. It was a challenge but pleased that it's in. I didn't get chance to get the harnesses fitted yet but they'll be a nice bonus for track days - however, the 918 buckets provide such good support that I found little difference between my car and the GT3 with harnesses (also 918 buckets).

I've removed the stripe as well as the GT4 wing endplate decals as I really didn't like them.

More to follow soon. I'll try and keep this updated.

........unlike your signature :wack:

That looks a fun car and one which offers good VFM in my book.

Very nice! Enjoy 👍

Scholester said:
........unlike your signature :wack:

That looks a fun car and one which offers good VFM in my book.

Haha, oops! Updated it now!

Car looks great and I too prefer without stripe. :thumb:

Is that a 964 in the garage?

congrats on a fantastic car

Love the GT4, Im happy with the noise on the road as its easily the loudest car I have owned (including a straight pipe GTR)

Keep us updated on your mods as you do them

Another day at Croft and the car was brilliant again. RSNV wing risers fitted purely for the aesthetics. It looks like it always should have done. The stock risers are a bit fussy and have strange proportions IMO.

Y2K said:
Car looks great and I too prefer without stripe. :thumb:

Is that a 964 in the garage?

Yes that's a Guards 964 C4.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back