Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 gt3 - entry level price.

Ashgood have just listed a clubsport at £69'995. there stock is always good value and priced well.

I viewed it last week.

Was it any good?

Assume its the car that sold on Collecting cars a couple of weeks ago for £64k ish inc fees..?

The Ashgood car was up on Collecting Cars, sold (to Ashgoods presumably) for £60k plus fees.

Edit: Just saw the previous post making the same point.

I've come across this thread as I wonder about a possible replacement for my Elise.

I saw the Ashgood car advertised, also found the CC sale and then googled the reg... There's a couple of images of it looking like a full on track hack, complete with towing eye, stickers and aftermarket bodykit (it's a private plate so I'm assuming the black 996 wearing the reg is the same car).

I'm not sure - I'd also be looking at this end of the market and fully expect these cars to have been tracked but was a bit surprised by the look of it.

Hey Edmundo,
I usually stay clear of value’s threads and when I read your posts I was like “hmm, he might be lucky”.
I’ve had offers of £72k for my car in the past all be it when the market was a bit rosier.
I’m not looking to sell but a car popped up last night at Ashgoods for £90k so I messaged regarding a deal.
They’ve offered me £56.5k and think it’s retail value is £59,995.
So going by that your budget should be fine.

Of course, I haven’t seen a mint original panel 996 GT3 go at a dealers lately for less than £69,995 but Mike says their Collecting Cars mk1 CS is up for that and he values my car at £10k less. 🤔

Now I know us enthusiasts are sometimes guilty of valuing our cars a bit high, but I’m generally realistic when selling and never aim to squeeze every penny out of a car. It’s usually a case of “I’ve had my fun, just move it on and sample the next one.”

So anyway that’s straight from the horse’s mouth so to speak. A mk2 comfort with buckets as mine is, is worth £59,995 retail so you should bag one privately for less than that. Yippee! 😂

I’m not selling and have just had some parts arrive for mine last week, but the car that popped up last night had me seriously tempted as it’s peak Porsche in my eyes.
I thought maybe £20k to change up to a £90k car but no, it will cost me £33.5k.
So that’s a non-starter for me.

I’m not selling my car as I say but for reference it’s a lovely car, 55k miles, with huge history file totalling £40k, mint paint, PPF, and over serviced (yearly not bi-annually) with loads of preventative maintenance including waterpump, coil pack, rads, condensers, etc etc.
Extensive book pack including all handbooks, even the “Passion for Motrsport” hardback booklet, stereo booklet, etc etc.

So just adding some current info to the thread.
I personally value my car at £70k all day long, so maybe I am an enthusiastic over-egger of values now but I know I couldn’t replace it for that. 😉

Good luck with your search anyway.
Get in touch with Mike at Ashgoods and when he next gets one in it will retail at £59,995, well within your budget. 👍🏻

Ashgoods think a Mk2 worth less than a Mk1 ....

😄
£10k more apparently, Sundeep.
I mean don’t get me wrong I loved my Mk1 Clubsport but after having a Mk2 I wouldn’t really dismiss nor favour either. Both great cars.
Mk2 has noticeably more grunt and the better brakes but a mk1 CS is one of 28uk cars so feels pretty special to own. I’d always view each car for what it is, condition and history wise.
It’s more the fact I haven’t seen a good example of either for sub-£60k for a few years, but I know Ashgoods do unearth some bargains and generally pass it on in their pricing so hopefully they’ll find the guys asking on here one for £59,995 when they’re ready. 😉

Attachments

• 032_996GT3_143.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4
Yes exactly.
I think the cheapest for sale at a dealer is £73k.

Ashgoods know their market and flip stuff quick as you say.
They bought a 981 Spyder for £65k off a mate (Sep ‘19) and sold it for £68k. Modest but quick profit.
£56k isn’t gonna buy my car though. If I’ve got my rose-tinters on then so be it. 😄

Interesting stuff. Ashgoods do seem to play to different rules vs some and I should imagine it's quite a good model. Certainly prevents them getting stuck with toxic stock if the market takes a nose dive. Still amazes me how many dealers will sit on a highly priced car for 6 months or more which can't be good as service intervals come around, tyres age etc etc..

I'd started to lean towards GT4 on the back of previous comments but remain open minded and will buy the right car when it comes up be that 981, 718, 996, etc. Quite different cars I know but they all appeal for different reasons so I'll be buying on spec, condition, colour providing they feel right and fall within budget, ( £70k max but pref nearer £65k ).

Will keep on watching and will interested to see what the red one on CC fetches. Also interested to see how much longer the two silver comfort spec 997 GT3s sit an AT for at mid seventies..Been there a while from memory and look pretty similar

Yes GT4s are great.
Driven them on track and they’re brilliant.

Pros are -
Much newer so easier to find a mint one.
Much newer so can get Porsche warranty.
Much newer so shouldn’t need any big consumables such as suspension.
Great on road and track.

Cons are -
Normal engine. As in no Motorsport engine which dominates the GT3 experience and it’s one of Porsches masterpieces.

So if you just want to go as fast as you can around a track either will keep you amused.

If you like things a bit more visceral at all speeds and like the geeky side of ownership, eg a Motorport engined car, then a GT3 wins.
And that’s before we mention the Mezger “zing” as you rev it out.

Both great cars but probably quite different ownership experiences as most GT3s will require tinkering and fettling, whereas a GT4 will hopefully just need driving and washing, but it will undoubtedly feel like a newer more “normal” car. 👍🏻

@Marky911 Ashgood's model is a fast turnover even if they are typically best value cars on the market
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2000-porsche-911-996-gt3-clubsport-2

your car might have some more miles on it but the 996.2 market is strong and the 1st gen of GT3 under the management of Andreas Preuninger which counts for a lot
I think Preuninger counts for naff all tbh. Roland Kussmaul did the mark 1 development and he’s no slouch. All the fundamentals were his really. Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back