Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

M96 big bore engine modifications, what works, what doesn't?

markh1 said:
Just to update this thread I have gone back to standard engine mounts which I think has regained some top end power (affecting knock sensors potentially) I can feel there is no letup in power through the rev range where with the stiffer mounts the power seemed to tail off.

I have also fitted a BMC panel filter and the car feels a little livelier and certainly gives it a nice induction noise.

Next thing to do is get a better exhaust. thinking of getting Cargraphic 200 cel cross over cats (not linked x pipe) as from the reading I have done the x pipe gains you top end power for sacrificing low end power which is not what I want.

I felt the same about the engine mounts on my standard 3.4. Top end seemed livelier. BMC filter does sound good!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back