Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gunther Works - Silverstone

Pip1968

Barcelona
Well after missing out on getting a track day at Silverstone on Monday I thought I would pop up and have a look at the day anyway. To be fair the day did not seem busy at all. A hand full of Porsche along with some Ferrari, Astons and Caterhams, Minis et cetera.

Highlight for me was a lovely original Aston Martin DB5 keeping up with a Ferrari (I think) and this:

A Gunther Works Porsche based on a 993 and absolutely beautiful inside with CF bucket seats and caramel leather (I would have to opt for the fire retrdant vesion although these looked beautiful. Lots of CF inserts inside and I believe the body panels were also CF. Matt from Fearnsport was in attendance and popped out in a RS 4.0 at some point (it may have been the Gunther owner on track).

Anyway both this and the DB5 out doing hard laps was very impressive.

Pip

Attachments

• gunther_works_aug_2022_782.jpg
    gunther_works_aug_2022_782.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,751
The GW & RS 4.0 are owned by the same chap.

I saw this car up close last month. The fit and finish looked super, and while I thought 'meh' when I first saw pictures of it, in the flesh it looks so much better. A lot of presence, great proportions (which you just don't get from looking at pictures). Not really my style personally though, I'd have something else (Singer DLS springs to mind, and that new gold Tuthill looks nice too. Looking forward to seeing some reviews of that, 850kg and revs to 11k, sounds fun)

I took some pics of the GW cars a while back. Regardless of what ones thinks of these things, the workmanship/materials do look great up close.

0y3Yxyo.jpg

EkWgV3j.jpg

VqpGytT.jpg

4Goevvg.jpg

QdUsr62.jpg

6lV6Jvg.jpg

Lovely thing. Beautifully executed. Pics aren't bad either.. :)

Just can't quite see the million dollar price tag in there.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back