Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Rear Bumper - Centre Exit Exhaust

DucatiRob said:
Had few myself :cheers: Good to meet you last Sunday Jin Was just checking out your website, congrats on the new venture! :thumb:

Yes, checked out C11BRA'd thread, very helpful!

:worship:

Happy to put you both in touch if you need some help/info :thumb:

Also happy to chuck another Sauvignon Blanc in the fridge if you can get a cab here :grin:

Way too hot to be working under the car today, but deadline with the bodyshop impending so had to crack on!

Hours of grinding and cutting bolts and clamps to get the cats off, will attempt to remove the O2 sensors tomorrow, doesn't look like they will be willing to come undone very easily :?: doused with penetrating fluid so fingers crossed!

Temp fitted the cats, nice fit, and looks like my measurements were not too far off :thumb: Just a 45 degree bend off the topgear silencers and the tube to the tips is maybe 10/15mm from where I'd like it to be. May need a 5/10 degree slice out somewhere to make it perfect but near enough to get it to the bodyshop if i run out of time!

IMG-20210613-100212.jpg

IMG-20210613-202609.jpg

IMG-20210613-151225.jpg

Gave up on trying to remove the lambda sensors :oops: they weren't shifting at all, think they must be the originals so probably not much more life in them anyway! New ones arriving tomorrow.

I have a seized exhaust valve on the drivers side, spent an hour trying to free it up, can get it to move with a hammer and pin punch but it's not freeing up at all, expect the butterfly flap shaft is properly jammed! Expect I will need to replace the whole valve at some point Luckily it's seized in the open position :D

Just need to make some spacers for the lower bumper fixings, it's about an inch lower than standard, then I can get it all back together again!

Took a little longer to put everything back together than I had expected mainly trying to get the pipes as close to centre as possible, will require a bit more work once its back from the bodyshop, pipes are just temporarily clamped for now, but will weld everything together later.

Really pleased with the sound of the 200 cell x-pipe cats, surprised what a difference they make, higher pitch and a really nice growl :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back