Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Rear Bumper - Centre Exit Exhaust

DucatiRob

Mugello
I've been planning to have have some paintwork issues sorted out sometime this year, potentially a full respray and fit a GT3 rear bumper at the same time to compliment the front end! However, have had a bit of an argument with a fence :oops: :oops: resulting in two small dents just over the rear wheel arch! So now need to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Not a huge choice of GT3 rear bumpers around, don't mind going used but most tend to be quite damaged and prices tend to be silly. Would also consider fibreglass if I could be assured of the quality.

Considering this from Teile:

Bumper.jpg

I know this is US spec but I don't think covering up the bumperette holes won't be too difficult. Wondering if anyone on here has done something similar?

Also, the centre exit exhaust conversion is straightforward but £600 for a couple of bent tubes is a bit extreme :eek: will be looking for a custom exhaust outfit to fabricate something, any suggestions would be welcome :thumb:

Rob, That will look great mate , Mike Cypher sells the bumperette delete panels to solve the USA issue

https://cyphervehicledesign.com/col...ts/porsche-997-1-rear-bumperette-delete-panel

Topgear do have a custom exhaust option so you could have a chat with Alex or one of his team about fabricating a centre exhaust set up to marry a Carrera S exhaust. as you say fabspeed do one for around £600 design911 have one for around £1000 but its not a part that will make a huge difference in sound so all it really is is bent pipes :thumb:

If you were thinking aftermarket rear bumper and had looked at the design911 one for £755 plus Vat then here's the same one at another UK supplier at £499 inc vat

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/csr-por...upe-facelift-04-08-fiberflex-rear-bumper.html

or you could go to the original source but may now have import duty etc to add

https://de.csr-shop.info/HSK281.html

Cheers Phil, great info as always :thumb:

I did not even think to search for bumperette delete! However, Teile have come back to me with a shipping cost of c1000 Euros for the bumper!!!! :eek: Something to do with Brexit, trying to find out what the deal is as that wouldn't include duty either! They have the same item on eBay too, I thought the £899+ delivery cost was a mistake. I bought my front bumper from them and I'm sure the shipping cost was around £120!

Thinking I will try and find out some details re the aftermarket bumper from madmotors, see if I can get an idea of quality, fitment etc. Encouraging that the source is a German outfit!

Hi Rob I'm looking to do similar but worried re fit and also exhaust conversion for little gain. I've been watching this one though and leaning against plastic v fibreglass, no exhaust mods except cats, fitment and not quite copying gt3
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Bum...en:997&hash=item4208e4c32d:g:-IUAAOSwwXJdgL-R
Cost is affordable also. I've had parts from Poland before, not Porsche, and had no issues. Hope this helps and not confusion. Raymond

I purchased my car with the centre exit & bumper already fitted.

During a recent valved gundo hack, I discovered that my centre exhaust was a simple bespoke set up. It is a series of stainless pipes welded together and I love the final look. Well worth the effort.

Boydyrs said:
Hi Rob I'm looking to do similar but worried re fit and also exhaust conversion for little gain. I've been watching this one though and leaning against plastic v fibreglass, no exhaust mods except cats, fitment and not quite copying gt3
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Bum...en:997&hash=item4208e4c32d:g:-IUAAOSwwXJdgL-R
Cost is affordable also. I've had parts from Poland before, not Porsche, and had no issues. Hope this helps and not confusion. Raymond

Hi Raymond - My worry is fit and quality too with any aftermarket kit. There is nothing wrong with fibreglass at all, depends on how it is made. Modern make fibreglass a decent option if the mould is decent latest manufacturing processes are used. I'm trying to get some info on the one from madmotors, it's so called "fibreflex" which is supposed to be more flexible than plain fibreglass!

C11BRA said:
I purchased my car with the centre exit & bumper already fitted.

During a recent valved gundo hack, I discovered that my centre exhaust was a simple bespoke set up. It is a series of stainless pipes welded together and I love the final look. Well worth the effort.

Definitely worth the effort! Think I might invest in a TIG welder, pre-formed stainless tubing is readily available too :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
Cheers Phil, great info as always :thumb:

I did not even think to search for bumperette delete! However, Teile have come back to me with a shipping cost of c1000 Euros for the bumper!!!! :eek: Something to do with Brexit, trying to find out what the deal is as that wouldn't include duty either! They have the same item on eBay too, I thought the £899+ delivery cost was a mistake. I bought my front bumper from them and I'm sure the shipping cost was around £120!

Thinking I will try and find out some details re the aftermarket bumper from madmotors, see if I can get an idea of quality, fitment etc. Encouraging that the source is a German outfit!

WOW :eek: E1000 shipping what are they doing walking it here in Jimmy Choo shoes . be cheaper to drive to Germany and collect it :grin: :thumb:

I think its a great idea, happy to loan my roof rack if needed...seriously, not an issue. I think a 996 rack will fit a 997. Hell for a drive, we could convoy over there to collect the item / tie into Dinslaken / road tour

is it worth look at social media and reaching out to a few punters who have purchased the "brand" for some unbiasd feedback ?

Phil 997 said:
WOW :eek: E1000 shipping what are they doing walking it here in Jimmy Choo shoes . be cheaper to drive to Germany and collect it :grin: :thumb:

I know! I thought they had made a mistake, have checked with them and this is their response:

"before Brexit all shipping companies delivered packages to private clients. Now none of forwarders delivery such big packages to private clients. They do only for a companies. We may ship it only by air freight by DHL Express. Otherwise delivery to UK is not possible. Costs for such service would be around 1000 Euros. I can't do nothing more with that."

"DHL Euroconnect doesn't deliver any packages to UK anymore. Your'e outside of EU and they just don't. Brexit caused shipping problems for all of us. Can't do nothing with that. The only way to make it cheepers to buy as a business client."

Seems like they will be writing off any business from UK private customers :frustrated:

FRP said:
I think its a great idea, happy to loan my roof rack if needed...seriously, not an issue. I think a 996 rack will fit a 997. Hell for a drive, we could convoy over there to collect the item / tie into Dinslaken / road tour

is it worth look at social media and reaching out to a few punters who have purchased the "brand" for some unbiasd feedback ?

Cheers Faried, and thanks for the offer :thumb: any excuse for a road trip :D I'm imagining a GT3 bumper bouncing down the autobahn at 150mph :grin:

FRP said:

Good call, will do a little research! :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
If you were thinking aftermarket rear bumper and had looked at the design911 one for £755 plus Vat then here's the same one at another UK supplier at £499 inc vat

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/csr-por...upe-facelift-04-08-fiberflex-rear-bumper.html

or you could go to the original source but may now have import duty etc to add

https://de.csr-shop.info/HSK281.html

Have taken a punt with the madmotors/CSR bumper. Did a little research and the German made products look decent quality and plenty of decent feedback on other car forums.

Also got quotes for the bodywork at the weekend, from fixing all the issues and full respray to colour change, will almost certainly go full respray and seriously thinking Arrow Blue :?: Just need to sort out exhaust pipework now!

Looking forward to your thoughts and pics mate :thumb: Arrow blue nice :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
Phil 997 said:

I know! I thought they had made a mistake, have checked with them and this is their response:

"before Brexit all shipping companies delivered packages to private clients. Now none of forwarders delivery such big packages to private clients. They do only for a companies. We may ship it only by air freight by DHL Express. Otherwise delivery to UK is not possible. Costs for such service would be around 1000 Euros. I can't do nothing more with that."

"DHL Euroconnect doesn't deliver any packages to UK anymore. Your'e outside of EU and they just don't. Brexit caused shipping problems for all of us. Can't do nothing with that. The only way to make it cheepers to buy as a business client."

Seems like they will be writing off any business from UK private customers :frustrated:

This cuts both ways, I had some stuff on order prior to Brexit and in one case, the shipping company just didn't pick up the shipment. And when it finally rocked up after Brexit, I had to pay local duty on top of the UK VAT already paid. None of the shipping firms want to send anything over the UK border, whichever way it's going. I'm not bothering to order from the UK any more. So trade is already suffering.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back