Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flat battery problems common?

Send it back and buy it from us :D

I know there is a retailer selling them way over the RRP. Can't see the point really, they'll just get found out and exposed on forums!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39142

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 30 November 2005

Send it back and buy it from us :D

I know there is a retailer selling them way over the RRP. Can't see the point really, they'll just get found out and exposed on forums!
Nice thought, but I've already modified it to suit my battery terminal, and have been using it for the last couple of weeks.

Perhaps you should give us all some advance warning when you are going to retail a new product?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39184

I recommend the CTEK units. Have one plugged into my Porker all week - the only choice.

Just had JZ service my car this week and they have fitted a new grounding cable (or something) that Porsche are recommending is fitted to help reduce battery drain.

Over and out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39239

having looked at my Porsche charge o mat instruction book

The Porsche unit is made by Ctek £80 @ porsche or £49.95 from Phil

Well done Phil

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39240

:D
Thanks Mark, I didn't realise the Porsche charger was made by CTEK.

Sold out current batch, another delivery expected early next week.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39241

phil is this just plug and play for a 993 with the Connection lead with cigarette plug?

theres been a mention of have to do something to the lighter socket?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39243

My currently understanding (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong!) is that it will charge through the lighter socket providing that the socket is operational without the keys in the ignition. Not all lighter sockets are.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39245

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 02 December 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martin Rose on 02 December 2005

all these expensive accessories!...what is wrong with this:

http://www.drapertools-online.com:89/b2c/b2citmdsp.pgm?pp_skmno=63147

It seems to work OK in my car

It's only a pound cheaper than the CTEK one when you add on their £4.90 delivery charge.
I think they are less than £20 if you can find them in Halfrauds....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39246

I understand Phil to be correct.

I have a CTEK, I connect it to the battery, shut the bonnet completely and lock with the remote. DONE DEAL - no lamp drainage - alarm and all doors locked - fully charged and well maintained battery.

Guys and girls the seal of the car and slim power cord from the CTEK unit mean one can fully close the car without damage either product.

Now I guess the venitilation will be raised.... but if your battery is well maintained from the start, gas will not be (should not be an issue) UNQUOTE.

BILLYDEATH !!!! It works for me 993 C2S - and a few glasses of Vinto Tinto for a Friday lunch,

good weekend all.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39247

oh yes.... the CTEK is an mordern battery maintainer/conditioner - it does not "trickle charge" in the old fashon sence... so the potential for gas generation from charging is much lower if your battery is maintained properly....

I'M not a chemist.... but I do ship them !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39248

An ace Porsche mechanic - Sid, who was at the 911uk curry meet the other week - said Porsche electrics are 7 years behind Ford or Vauxhall. You wouldn't expect to have to trickle charge your Focus or Vectra, would you?

No excuse. What we put up with to keep our cherished motors in action, eh? Touch woos, I've had no problem with my battery. Well, only when I didn't shut the engine lid fully... :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39252

I think you're right Maxy, though I seem to remember my 993 battery lasting not much longer than a couple of weeks unless trickle charged (same with my Exige). The cold weather makes matters worse as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39253

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 02 December 2005
My currently understanding (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong!) is that it will charge through the lighter socket providing that the socket is operational without the keys in the ignition. Not all lighter sockets are.

Hey phil I checked out the lighter socket and it didn’t get warm without the keys in the ignition

Call me lazy but I wanted to plug in into my lighter socket, also thoughts of driving with a charger attached to battery are a possibility

Any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39729

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back