Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flat Battery

JohnW997

Here's a little problem that happened to me I thought I'd share with the forum since we are spending more time in UK following Brexit I've been using the Porsche more as a daily with no problems last week with all the rain I didn't use it for 10 days when I went to it this morning the battery was flat nothing at all I couldn't even open the door with the key. The battery is 2 years old and has been fine so I didn't suspect that, I got the engine lid open but correct me if I'm wrong couldn't find anywhere for the jump leads.
With great difficulty I got the frunk open by removing the wing mud guard and pulled the wire release, when I put the jump leads on and got into the cabin to go for a start I could hear the passenger electric seat trying to slide back when I looked the seat belt was rapped round the switch and it was making as if you were moving it back.
I can only assume when I last locked it the seat switch was operating and finally drained the battery. I've got it on charge overnight and hope that was the reason for the flat battery. Something I'll watch out for in future.

Wowser - that's a weird one.

Anyway, when in the engine bay:

redcable-64479.jpg

And the neg to the bolt of the airbox which mounts close to the boot latch.

Hi arry yes weird I can only think the seat switches are still active when locked and alarmed.
As for the photo I saw this on a thread that's why I went in the engine bay but I looked long and hard and that live poss terminal is not there on my car
2006 C4 997.
It certainly would have saved my a load of grief have you tried removing the splash guard with the wheel on ( the wheel lock nut is in the frunk)

The door should open with the key unless something is broken. It'll need quite a bit of force, but will open.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back