Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari California.

wilpert

Indianapolis
Well,
I'm now an official poor man, gone and bought a 'poor man's" Ferrari.

So far so good, fell in love with the colour combo and fancied a change.
I spent a bit too much time listening to the haters, who said bad things about this entry level car but after I'd driven one I changed my mind, mines an early model V8 no turbo and wow it sounds and feels magical around the lanes.

I'll be getting another Porsche soon but this time I'll get something that I'm happy to add miles too, maybe an older 4s or a 981 cayman.

Will still lurk on here for a while because basically the Ferrari owners forum is not so much my thing.

Attachments

• 1412adce_597b_45e9_ab82_812d5a505d6d_145.jpeg
    1412adce_597b_45e9_ab82_812d5a505d6d_145.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,158
  • c4d1f8e6_4eb6_4258_ae64_b61b4fb52307_628.jpeg
    c4d1f8e6_4eb6_4258_ae64_b61b4fb52307_628.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,156
Thanks mods for moving this I messed up a bit there and posted in the wrong place :dont know:

wilpert said:
Thanks mods for moving this I messed up a bit there and posted in the wrong place :dont know:

:thumbs:

Nice to have a change :thumb:

I love the idea of a 'poor man's Ferrari'. Enjoy in good health, I haven't driven one of those but I do very much enjoy the theatre of driving a Ferrari. Please give feedback to see how you get on.

MC

Thanks for not making me do the walk of shame😬
I actually felt a bit embarrassed somehow. P
Honestly,
I had so many doubts right up until I drove it.
The test drive was about 10 miles but pretty straight line A road style.
I didn't explore the sports mode much as I wasn't too confident.

Since I've now had the car home I e waited for a quiet time and had a blast around the lanes, the sound is amazing and when you flick it to sports mode it gets better. The steering is super light and the car, considering it's rear bulkiness (I don't like the look of the rear much) seems so light. It corners really well even when the revs are high it just glides around.
Ok, it's a front engine but as it's behind the front axle, you get that same feel that you have in a Boxster or cayman, it just handles beautifully.

The interior quality, is really good, soft quality leather and although it's modern, there is a weird retro feel, it's minimalist in some ways, not too many controls. Tiny soft leather sun visors, no cup holders and clip over buckle type things to keep the seat belts in place.
I seem to use the paddles a lot more, maybe it's the lower power than the turbo making me feel I need to work it but it's engaging if that makes sense.

My car is not top spec but it has maganeride which I think is similar to pdcc or pasm. I didn't want one with the special handling pack because I didn't want that firmer ride.

The negatives for me, ferrari paranoia. 😂 only one year ferrari warranty remain and I can only get one more year when that ends due to the age of the car. So if I keep beyond 2 years, I'm on my own.
Oh and the Ferrari forum, I feel I've arrived in a Skoda 😳 but really some of these people just want to tell you about their other 30 cars.

The sound system that ferrari fit is not the best but the previous owner fitted a hood alpine unit with amp and stuff so I'm fortunate and it has apple car play but without this I'd be disappointed.
Rear seats are tiny but I don't need them really.

Overall, I'm a lot happier than I expected and I'm looking forward to some nice open top drives.

Attachments

• 6e521d03_f9c0_4da4_b731_58da2cab8b6a_159.jpeg
    6e521d03_f9c0_4da4_b731_58da2cab8b6a_159.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,024
I think it's great - enjoy :thumb:

Did you part exchange the Pork ?

I've driven one in Italy and enjoyed it around the back roads. Had two grandsons in the back and they enjoyed the sound with the roof down. They drive and handle well.

Haven't tried the T version.

I like that shade of red. Will look great when the sun is on it.

Slayer said:

Hello slayer,

Yes, got cash my way, which will part fund my sons new horse.
My initial plan was getting something a lot cheaper but I ended up falling in love with this car, I'm a bit of a visual person and think with my eyes but they offered me a decent price so I went for it.

I'd say in terms of performance, as this is the early non T version, it's a 460 bhp V8, it compares with the NA earlier Porsche gts.

Fantastic looking special car. Health to drive and enjoy. 👍
A 981 Cayman as a daily would be a great strategy.
Put about 12K on mine annually, always engaging to drive, and depreciation never ever crosses my mind. 😁

DRZ911 said:
Fantastic looking special car. Health to drive and enjoy. 👍
A 981 Cayman as a daily would be a great strategy.
Put about 12K on mine annually, always engaging to drive, and depreciation never ever crosses my mind. 😁

I just love 981 Cayman S / GTS. They are fantastic IMHO, good handling with just enough power for day to day stuff ! :thumb:

wilpert said:
Slayer said:

Hello slayer,

Yes, got cash my way, which will part fund my sons new horse.
My initial plan was getting something a lot cheaper but I ended up falling in love with this car, I'm a bit of a visual person and think with my eyes but they offered me a decent price so I went for it.
Glad it all worked out the way you wanted :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back