Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust manifold ticking

The Baron3

Monza
I have developed a ticking from the exhaust manifold, it's not bore score as I had a bore scope test done last year and they look almost brand new.

The car is a 3.4 C4 1999 with 190k on the clock so I think they have held up pretty well.

I have been told to just leave it for a while by an indie as the job can be a PITA due to snapped bolts etc, I think the manifolds are original, I had a Dansk Sports exhaust fitted last year so that part is good.

Has anybody done this, had this done and any idea of costs for swapping out and any suggestions on some SS manifolds?

Thanks

Is the manifold blowing?

If not leave well alone.

The standard manifolds are already stainless steel, that is why they have lasted so long, it is the mild steel strengthening plate that rusts and looks awful.

I did this last year. i had to buy the stormski jig £380 plus 2 additional long drill which they do not mention you need to remove the 5 bolts that broke off.

On the plus side I do have a pair of brand new stainless steel exhaust manifolds for sale as I decided to put the originals back on the car :D

I think it's the plates but it's a manifold off job to sort either way, what are the manifolds you have for sale?

Nice write up, thanks for the link. Interesting that you think it's made the car run smother with a better low down torque curve.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back