Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Condensation on inside of frunk lid

SidewaysSi

Trainee
I am getting condensation on the inside of the frunk of my 996.2. Carpets appear dry but I spotted it for the first time over the weekend. Drove it for about 45 mins, parked up and returned 3 hours later to find it quite wet. Left it overnight and yesterday morning there was some dampness. Dried with a towel and having not used the car, came back 5 hours later and it was dry.

The car was then left overnight and again this morning it is slightly damp.

Quick look at the drain holes and it seems OK.

Anyone have any ideas? I may need to do a bit of further investigation but any pointers would be much appreciated!

On possible heat build up in or around the frunk, might be worth feeling around with your hand after a drive, such as the battery temp, lest it might be charging heavily trying to make up for losses due to age etc...

No direct experience, just thinking in type in the hope it might help.

Check the gasket and seals on the nuts holding the bonnet badge on. I had similar when I first got mine, the previous owner has tried to seal the badge with hot glue :eek:, new gasket and nuts fixed the issue

I would never have thought of that - much appreciated! Will look into it..

Do you mean on the underside of the bonnet or the plastic areas? Quite normal on the underside of the bonnet on a car that lives outside but I’ve never experienced it inside the frunk other than the odd droplets in the battery cover area . You can always tell a car that’s been garaged all its life.

No crinkles on the underbonnet sticker.

IMG_5323.jpeg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back