Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bargain mods

The cheap eBay ones do serve a purpose but the build quality on them leaves a lot to be desired. Peer pressure off other forum members persuaded me to do an upgraded one. You can read all about it (plus plenty of reviews) here:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127355

I'm sure that you can get some vinyl side stripes (or some other custom vinyl made up) for less than £100 as a cheap and straightforward (cosmetic) mod.

I personally hugely dislike the 'fried egg' effect created by orange bulbs in the clear reflectors of cars (not too noticeable on the 997.1, but still worth it to remove that orange glow).

My go-to cheap hack is to replace them with quality Phillips silver coated indicator bulbs. Works every time. Keeps the classic style 'on-off flash' and is a cheap and easy mod about £10/end :thumbs:

See link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-12496SVB2-12496-SV-Silver-Vision/dp/B00K695OGU?th=1

These bulbs are available elsewhere, but I like the convenience of Amazon.

[/quote]Just over £100
7/15mm spacers including correct length bolts and locking bolts £140
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233375107572[/quote]

This seems like an interesting mod, the picture on the ebay link makes it look much better and aggressive which is the look i want.

couple of questions:

1. I have had spacers before for some aftermarket wheels on a BMW 650i they were a nightmare and abandoned but never found out if it was the wheels or spacers/bolts etc. Are these tried and tested and safe to use? Really dont want my wheels to fly off when im pushing it!

2. I still feel the rear of the car is too high, if i put the 15mm spacer on the rear will that make that look worse or will it look better? I want to lower the rear but just cant figure out the best way to do it or how much its going to cost!

Any before and after photos of your car without the rear being lowered?

Hi

One of the best visual choices I've made, makes a big difference

Thanks, I think ill do the same then, i want to lower the car but like you i have pasm so all getting too confusing for my tiny brain...

Mines a cabriolet so think it currently sits higher than a coupe would, really dont want that to look any worse!

Do you have any before and after photos by any chance?

hi

Before

Attachments

• img_9924_791.jpg
    img_9924_791.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,402
  • img_9926_134.jpg
    img_9926_134.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,402
wow that really does make a massive difference, car looks excellent by the way

we have a v similar set up for your before, Cab with the same wheels

Are the new wheels 19s or 20s they seem to fill the wheels much better!

hi

Yes still beautiful for its 156k km, otherwise the wheels are all 19 ".

Convertibles are great, even if you don't live in California ;=)

If the suns out, then the roof is coming down, even if its freezing, the noise from the engine etc is just so infectious... I do get funny looks here in london though with the roof down in 5c temps

Im going to pull the trigger on those spacers then, thanks for helping!

Here is my current look... not changing the wheels just going to add the spacers i think... Just cant visualise if its going to help or not!

Massive arch gaps at the rear!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back