Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bluetooth Battery Monitor

Looks a great little device!

Just ordered, thanks for the tip :thumb:

Getting more impressed with the device and App within use......I tend to close the app down from working in the background which would mean I would not get the auto warning of low battery level (I need to experiment with phone battery drain with the app working in the background) but when I do turn the app on from my lounge it connects to the car outside and 'downloads" history from the device on the car (the device holds 31 days worth of data so as long as you connect once a month your phone retains all data)......this shows battery state hourly by day and you can simply scroll back to see battery drain etc....ie from this you can see when you have started the car and alternator has been charging the battery and when car has been engine off and slight battery drain over days.....there is then a separate 'trip" screen which use ignition on / off to show a schedule of trips by date and duration.......there is something fascinating in seeing how your battery works constantly for review .........from mine I can see that the battery is working perfectly as expected and my short trips (6 mile each way) every other day have been enough to compensate for any current drain whilst not being used :thumb:

This is nearly as exciting as the chap who owned a 993 and during the winter months used to take out the spare wheel to inflate it as he was fascinated by the design :roll:

I have to admit this is a good piece of kit. I decided to let mine monitor the battery 'only whilst using the App' in which case I believe I'd only get the alarm when I decide to check. It would be good to have it monitoring all the time but that's going to affect battery life of the phone with bluetooth draw :dont know:

Mine arrived today, looking forward to fitting at the weekend! I think my battery is on the way out so it will be good to be able to monitor over a couple of weeks!

Looks a neat bit of kit for the money and fast delivery too :thumb:

Ordered one from China on 16 May as there seemed to be no UK stock. Got it for £16.80 as they were open to offers. Delivery was between 2nd June to 6th July which I wasn't to concerned about but came yesterday 1st June :) The App looks pretty good, so this afternoons job

Was in Lidl today, they have them for £14.99 with, I think 2 year warranty :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back