Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Audi R8 v10 from 997.1 Turbo?

I'm assuming 2 seats isn't an issue, coming from the relative practicality of the 2+2 911?

I'm not sure of the MPG of the V10, I don't think I ever looked, I don't think I wanted to! It does have a big tank though so there are no problems with range.

I'll echo the comments above, it does feel like a wide car on the UK's country roads.

I went straight to a 997 GTS which certainly hasn't got the shove of the R8 or the outright stability but I was looking for something a bit more fun at slower speeds which it certainly is.

The only real downside with the R8 was that it was too accomplished to be real fun without really pushing on, I guess similar to the Turbo in a way.

Big E 118 said:
I'm not sure of the MPG of the V10, I don't think I ever looked, I don't think I wanted to! It does have a big tank though so there are no problems with range.

Found a picture of the R8 i drove... See what you mean about not looking...

Attachments

• screen_shot_2016_02_03_at_150628_755.png
    screen_shot_2016_02_03_at_150628_755.png
    416.9 KB · Views: 6,766
Really enjoying this thread :thumbs:

Get what you want, you only get one go. Worst that can happen is that it makes you realise that you want another 997.

Keep us posted either way

My neighbour has a (ragtop) v10 and when we're parked alongside each other it makes my turbo look tall skinny and - dare I say it - a little frumpy :oops:

I loved the v8 in my BS7 so I'd be wetting myself at the prospect of having a v10 howling just behind my lugholes... :food:

I say you should go for it - you can always come back to a 911 turbo once you've filled your boots... :thumb:

RJKflyer said:
Big E 118 said:

Found a picture of the R8 i drove... See what you mean about not looking...

9.6mpg ???? :sad: :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back