Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buy now or wait for the new model?

Ferrariderm

Hi Everyone, new member here. I've recently moved back to the UK after 25 years in California where I most recently owned a Taycan Turbo. Here in the UK I'd like to buy a Taycan CT 4s. Dealers are as you know discounting inventory (I've been offered 20k off list) but I believe Porsche is just about to announce the facelift version. Do you think its worth waiting and ordering the updated model or take the discount now and buy from stock? The only real upgrade I care about would be increased range, does anyone know if the revised car improves in that department?

not worth getting anything new as you can pick up cars that are 2 years old with low mileage and a further £20-30k off in depreciation

the facelift is due later in 2024, early 2025 after the new Macan electric is launched (tomorrow)

all depends on what you want to spend and if this is a private or company purchase

Last edited:
Everyone is different and so its hard for anyone else to advise you what to do other than examples of what suited them and their thought process.

The first consideration for me would be what do you do for the 12 mths you would be waiting, presumably have to buy another car and run that as a stop gap. Lifes to short.

I've had my CT Turbo since march last year. I got it from an OPC 11 mths old with 3k miles. What attracted me was the very high spec (unbelievably the spec I would have ordered new) with effectviely £35k off what someone else paid for it (when it was new they where not being discounted).

It a company car. normally the company just buiys cars outright BUT on this occassion, last minute I decided to do it on a lease over 2 years. The reason being, keep it until warranty expires and fix a guaranteed future value. I paid £115k for it with a GFV after 2 years of £90k.

I guess I got lucky as I don't think they would do anything like that GFV now (I have no idea though) but the car will still cost the companay c£2k per mth in deposit and finance costs (less some claw backs in taxes) so around say £40k over 2 years. Not cheap but it a luxury sports car and its on par with what a company car normally costs me (I have spent double that in the past on some cars).

I've been chuffed to bits with it..........It costs me personally <£1,000 per annum in BIK :ROFLMAO: ........costs the company less than would normally spend and I drive around in a car I love without a care in the world. I could have waited 6 mths (maybe less) for a less well specced car, costing slghtly more with 0 miles on it but do not regret getting the one I have at all. I would have another in a heartbeat but am so pleased with the one I have I won't even look at swapping it until the 2 years is up. The biggest dilemma I will have then is ......do I get another or an Macan EV (I can't be bothered pre ordering one anymore) depending on the market for them at the time ........ironically the main thing that would stop me getting another taycan as a daily company car is that its actually stopping me from using / reviewing my hobby cars as I love driving the taycan so much. There are cars I want to buy that I know I won't drive because of the Taycan !

Anyway, you know the taycans better than most already, I would not wait, get a bargain now and enjoy it. Review your options next year.

Welcome to the forum :cool:

Great reply Jonttt thank you - I hear you on the value of time thing. This will be a company car for me, its my company so I can buy anything I want so to speak, I've looked at Aston Martin's and Ferrari's (I've owned Ferraris of various models for nearly 23 years now so I'm hooked so to speak) but the BIK and the Corporation tax offset makes an electric car in the UK very attractive. I suspect I am just going to push the button on this and will buy for cash rather then finance, I really dislike owing money to anyone or making payments, despite the opportunity cost of the money (thats just a personal thing) But who knows Porsche may make me a finance offer I cannot turn down :) Its Gentian Blue BTW which is by far my favourite color :)

You'd be stupid to not take advantage of the BIK on effectively a supercar whilst you can, unprecedented and can't last forever. I've ran a ferrari as my company car and found that tiresome fir various reasons, took the edge off it being special whereas the taycan just shines at that job 👌

Thats a great observation on the Ferrari Jonttt. I have a 296 GTB on order as a personal car that hopefully will arrive later in the year, they have always been my "special ca"r as you say so why ruin the experience :) I notice you had a RR previously, have you considered a Spectre? I'm strangely attracted to the electrification of RR and I think its a amazing fit, we drove a Phantom many years ago in CA, it was not really a drivers car IMO and I like driving, but the Spectre looks really interesting.

ownership reputation of the RR is highly questionable and therefore why many avoid the brand

RR are still the best luxury cars in the world......but in the UK they are just too impractical. We've just sold a cullinan (black edition) and phantom. I drove the cullinan once in 2 years and phantom a handful of times. Purely for business and not for pleasure as I just could not be bothered. For the first time in nearly 20 years I do not think we will replace either......pool car of choice currently are two Q8 RS's which are fun. Whilst it's nice having pool cars to use (we have a few new vogues as well) I've used the taycan almost exclusively.

I clearly need to emulate your car habits Jonttt, you could end up costing me a lot of money :) Great feedback on the RR's, did you sell because of the Phantom/Cullinan size or other issue? I passed a Phantom on the road near us today and it looked huge :)

We've had RR on the pool fleet for nearly 20 years. This will be the first time with none. I used to drive the phantoms a lot (purely for business Mr tax man) but got tired of the practical issues, not being able to use public parking especially. Multi stories where a no no, outside needing to buy 2 tickets to use 2 spaces, often having to drive out as could not find 2 spaces together, asking hotels if I could use the disabled bays, etc etc. Catching my gate and a £16k bill just started to annoy me lol......those you see dumped on double yellow lines in city centres are not through choice !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back