Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone gone from a 997.1 to a 992?

resigner

Barcelona
If you have, how are you finding it?

I have an 07 C2S cab, manual, sports chrono. Driven a C2S coupe, PDK, very nice, and then a longer drive in a C2S PDK Cab, also really nice.

Im not a PDK fan, so ordered a new 992 C2GTS Cabrio with, key think here, manual gearbox. Its about 9 months away, as thats just the new car market at the moment.

So, if you've done the same jump, what do you think, and compare it to a 997?

cheers!

it will be like tomorrows world, manual is an excellent choice as the modern 992 manual shift is light and very clever :thumb:

Have to say one of the stand outs was the 3.0 twin turbo having liteally no lag at all. So I had to google why, and what a system that is. The thing which made me look was literally the manual option.....

I have black on black, the 992 is lava orange with truffle and brown hood, one extreme to the other!

911UK said:
it will be like tomorrows world, manual is an excellent choice as the modern 992 manual shift is light and very clever :thumb:

Isn't it still 7-speed? Cannot see how it can be better than the 997 6-speed?

Poker2009 said:
911UK said:

997 is a 7 speed. they count reverse........ marketing departments making it sound better to the uninitiated!!!

resigner said:
Poker2009 said:
911UK said:

997 is a 7 speed. they count reverse........ marketing departments making it sound better to the uninitiated!!!

Well in that case the 991 and 992 manual gearboxes are 8 speed...

But I think a 997 has 6 and a 991/992 has 7 personally. Unless your 991/992 is a GT3.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back