Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Filter Replacement

flatstick

Monza
Morning all,

I'm thinking about changing the standard air filter elements on my Gen 2 4S when I do the cats. I wondered what you have all used and any feedback. I fitted a K&N to my 987 but the fit was not the best so I replaced it with a PiperX.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,

Dean

The way i look at it .. Porsche has spent millions of pounds designing the separate items on their cars for optimal efficiency .. a third party company .. well let's face it they don't .

K&N don't .. they have an oil based air filter .. at least on the earlier models .. i'm unsure of the G2 997 but i expect so .. oil can technically blow off and contaminant the maf sensor .

That will give an incorrect air / fuel mixture over time .

My question is what's the actual benefit of fitting one of these filters ???

More BHP ? i kinda doubt you will get anything noticeable over a standard system with perhaps more possible issues as i have said .

Perhaps a non oil based filter might give you an extra 1 bhp .. i really don't know to be honest but i'm dubious as to the cost of something like this makes any real difference .

Im open to be corrected .. in fact i welcome being told a difference so that i can learn .. but over all .. so far .. i'm not a fan of aftermarket items having seen some items actually cause damage to these cars .. not air filter im might add .

What filter to fit i cant help with .. sorry .. do you need to is my question .

Cheers DeMort

Thats why i asked to see if the std filter was as good as anything out there, also i like to do my bit for the environment and if i could keep an element for the life of the car by cleaning it instead of replacing a paper one every year

Dean

BMC is the best aftermarket one in my opinion 👍Parr Motorsport will be able to order you one.

I agree with the technology and design for the standard ones but I do think the quality of the BMC one is better 👌

It's two filters, but can't imagine you'd need to replace every year.

Magic919 said:
It's two filters, but can't imagine you'd need to replace every year.

I am sure they will not need doing every year, but i change oil and filters on all my cars and bike for peace of mind every year

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back