Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 vs Evora with kids

I've a 997.2 C2 and my children are 4 and 6 years old, they both sit quite happily in the back with no issues at all with legroom or height. I'm 6ft so i like my seat quite far back and there's still ample room.

I recently removed the lower part of the rear seat and fitted two of these...

https://www.halfords.com/baby-and-c...ter-seat-389486.html?stockInventory=undefined

They don't fit perfectly, but with some material underneath they fit really well and the kids like them.

As for extra storage, foldable push scooters go behind the rear seats on the shelf and dog in the passenger footwell, picnic, jackets, bags in the front boot area.

Go for the 911, you won't be disappointed . An added bonus is a C2 has more storage space upfront than a C4.

Thomps84 said:
I've a 997.2 C2 and my children are 4 and 6 years old, they both sit quite happily in the back with no issues at all with legroom or height. I'm 6ft so i like my seat quite far back and there's still ample room.

https://www.halfords.com/baby-and-c...ter-seat-389486.html?stockInventory=undefined

They don't fit perfectly, but with some material underneath they fit really well and the kids like them.

As for extra storage, foldable push scooters go behind the rear seats on the shelf and dog in the passenger footwell, picnic, jackets, bags in the front boot area.

Go for the 911, you won't be disappointed . An added bonus is a C2 has more storage space upfront than a C4.

Wow, you make it sounds like an estate car :). Really reassuring that there is a good amount of space. As soon as I get the car I'll be down to Halfords to see what fits best. This should make getting sign off from the wife easier.

Also I read that isofix was an option on a 997.2. Is that for front seats, rear or both?

I don't believe that isofix points came in until the 991. You can get isofix on the passenger seat but it is expensive and also needs a switch fitting to turn the passenger airbag on and off.

TrevS said:
Thomps84 said:

Wow, you make it sounds like an estate car :). Really reassuring that there is a good amount of space. As soon as I get the car I'll be down to Halfords to see what fits best. This should make getting sign off from the wife easier.

Also I read that isofix was an option on a 997.2. Is that for front seats, rear or both?

Maxi-Cosi Rodi SPS Child Car Seat, Lightweight Booster Car Seat, Side Protection System, 3.5 - 12 years, 15-36 kg, Basic Black

Fits perfect in the back of my 997.2 CAB for my 4 year old. So probably an even better fit on non CAB.

Trust me, I searched, and searched and searched, and looked at others on here. This thing firs the best by a country mile.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0826Y6XLW/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1

PS no isofix in 997.2 in back.

@Rivaldo2k20 do you use the Maxi Cosi Rodi with the upper and lower back seat in place or removed? I might have to get one of these in a year or two.

droptop said:
@Rivaldo2k20 do you use the Maxi Cosi Rodi with the upper and lower back seat in place or removed? I might have to get one of these in a year or two.

Wait did you mean the actual cars back? I have the bottom in place and the top, but not the middle back. It's a cab.

Yes I meant removing the Porsche seats not the child seat!

Have you tried asking the same question on a Lotus website?

I had an Evora before I bought a 991. The rear of the Lotus is smaller than the Porsche but is useable, I'm 5'10" and my daughter was fine in there until she got to 12. I would say that access is more difficult in the Lotus because of the wide sill and the door length but the 911 will probably give you an easier ownership experience.
The Lotus feels special - and is - but the focus is on driving dynamics rather than ergonomics. It also feels less well developed than the Porsche (because it is) but that adds in some ways to the charm. I love the 991 too but the lack of quirks mean that it feels closer to being an everyday car.

Hope this helps.

Rivaldo2k20 said:
TrevS said:
Thomps84 said:

Maxi-Cosi Rodi SPS Child Car Seat, Lightweight Booster Car Seat, Side Protection System, 3.5 - 12 years, 15-36 kg, Basic Black

Fits perfect in the back of my 997.2 CAB for my 4 year old. So probably an even better fit on non CAB.

Trust me, I searched, and searched and searched, and looked at others on here. This thing firs the best by a country mile.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0826Y6XLW/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1

PS no isofix in 997.2 in back.

I think you might have just found a car seat that I can get past my other half! They're well reviewed on a certain Facebook child seat group, so we might be in business! Just need to figure out whether the isofix version might be worth it in case we need to use it in another car or for grandparents' ease of fitting.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back