Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My aqua blue 2011 997 GTS

IMI A said:
I would order some OEM ceramic brakes for yours and a set of folding buckets (go for heated version off a 991 in fact may be ordering a set for mine so I see a potential deal :)). Unicorn 1% car then with that sports suspension , LSD and amazing colour according to those stats. Those potential upgrades add a lot to the drive and experience.

Also maybe paint seats webbing Aqua Blue - I'm so good at man maths and emptying wallets flipping PhD in it :grin:

I'm talking to Porsche parts if you'd like me to PM prices to you in Sept. Fellow on hols :wink:
Yes I have too many 911's - what can I say? It wasn't intentional, I just fall in love with these cars, tinker with them to make them even more perfect for me, then I can't ever bring myself to sell them 😊

Interesting idea on the seats. I was actually wondering about exactly this recently. So yes please PM me, I just hope it's not too tempting!

jonttt said:
The DSC really is a remarkable upgrade. Given its software based to control existing hardware I find it remarkable that Porsche did not develop PASM on the same basis themselves :dont know:

They have in later cars. Remember this is old tech (mine is 15 years old) and processing speed was comparatively poor back then. DSC controller is way faster so can adjust accordingly. Plus better programming ;)
I am surprised that Porsche has not gone involved selling updates though..

tob_today said:
IMI A said:
I would order some OEM ceramic brakes for yours and a set of folding buckets (go for heated version off a 991 in fact may be ordering a set for mine so I see a potential deal :)). Unicorn 1% car then with that sports suspension , LSD and amazing colour according to those stats. Those potential upgrades add a lot to the drive and experience.

Also maybe paint seats webbing Aqua Blue - I'm so good at man maths and emptying wallets flipping PhD in it :grin:

I'm talking to Porsche parts if you'd like me to PM prices to you in Sept. Fellow on hols :wink:
Yes I have too many 911's - what can I say? It wasn't intentional, I just fall in love with these cars, tinker with them to make them even more perfect for me, then I can't ever bring myself to sell them 😊

Interesting idea on the seats. I was actually wondering about exactly this recently. So yes please PM me, I just hope it's not too tempting!

Another 911Uk would like the 991 heated version for his 997 too so it looks like we have 3 911UK members potentially interested in some heated folding buckets. Any other members pls do PM me I sniff a good deal via OPC Tonbridge/9e. They gave me 25% discount on the OEM GT2 bodykit :thumbs:

PS You can never have too many 911s. When I have extra garage space I will go mad just like you - unfortunately I live in a forest and the tree sap kills cars paint left outside. :grin:

Overdue an update on the GTS car. Had decent amount of work done on it at Precision recently while in for service & MOT:

* replaced rear middle silencer with Hayward & Scott cross-over pipes
* 997 GT3 shifter
* body colour painted lower front splitter
* body colour painted headlight water jets

And a few other things. Fantastic & looks amazing! All highly recommended.

Now I've got it exactly where I want it, and it's really a wonderful thing and really great example of the 997 GTS.

So what did I decide to do? I spontaneously popped down to Paragon just for a general visit & chat with Jamie and Jason on Saturday morning, and today it's been picked up and gone. Happened very fast and totally unplanned.

Yes probably crazy. So expect to see it up for sale soon if you want one of the best 997 GTS's in the country. I will miss it, and might regret it one day. But life is for living and new experiences. So will see what comes next...

If you are reading this as future owner, enjoy :D

Flipping heck Toby, did not expect that final paragraph. Do you have another car in mine or rationalising the fleet?

Must admit, I didn't expect to read that update Toby ...
Lovely car, but you're obviously happy which means the deal must've been right :thumb:

At least you have x2 more lovely blue ones ... :grin:

Is the 97 being replaced?

All the best
:thumb:

Yes it surprised me too. But sometimes life throws surprises at unexpected times. More to come on this journey in the next weeks I'm sure ...

tob_today said:
Yes it surprised me too. But sometimes life throws surprises at unexpected times. More to come on this journey in the next weeks I'm sure ...

I'll watch with interest :thumb:

To close off my ownership of this car, it's is now up for sale at Paragon. Here is the link:

https://www.paragongb.com/869/porsche-for-sale/porsche-911-carrera-gts-for-sale-kn61rkf

Not sure if they are leaving the exhaust, DSC, and GT3 shifter on car. Worth asking if you are looking as these are really good updates.

I loved owning this car - well done to new owner, you will not be disappointed. It's a fantastic & rare example and surefire future classic, and already missed. If I could have kept it with my other cars, I would have.

Attachments

• 997_gts_paragon_273.jpg
    997_gts_paragon_273.jpg
    942.9 KB · Views: 1,001
£87k new, £85k now.

Even allowing for the relative value of the £ 11 years ago that represents another example of how depreciation busting some 911s can be.

I'm not sure I could stomach the cost per mile that you've accrued Toby but I'm pleased that you've thought it worthwhile. :thumb:

When you see Sport Classic prices a GTS (not withstanding the SC's special features) looks an absolute bargain. Its the 997 I would buy if entering the market todays still a relative bargain against GT3, GT2 etc and so much more useable :thumbs:

The price also reflects the mileage, this car is like buying a nearly new manual 997 GTS today. It still even smells new. That alone makes it unique and worth the money to some people (me included). Especially factoring in the Paragon quality prep and 12 month warranty.

And yes, totally agree when compared to Sport Classic which ultimately isn't much more than a GTS (and I actually prefer the looks of the GTS).

T8 - for me it's smiles-per-mile, much better metric :)

I've only ever spoken to Mark Sumpter/Paragon once. Not bought anything off him (yet) but one of the few characters I'd just buy a car down the phone from. Very professional and an enthusiast himself. Came through in a few mins over the phone :thumbs:

IMI A said:
I've only ever spoken to Mark Sumpter/Paragon once. Not bought anything off him (yet) but one of the few characters I'd just buy a car down the phone from. Very professional and an enthusiast himself. Came through in a few mins over the phone :thumbs:
Yes Mark plus Jamie and Jason all seem like great people to buy from. Proper enthusiasts, not your typical sales people. I went to them based on multiple recommendations from people I trust.

I was also very impressed with the level of prep. They buy all their stock, only buy high quality then fully go over the whole car before putting on sale. I told them this car was perfect, yet they still managed to find some things that they rectified at their own cost to give next owner peace of mind, and also to underpin their generous warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back