Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo engine re built and more power

I don't need a dyno to tell me it's bloody quick. I have a backside that guages that just well lol

Oh well I'll pop down there myself at some stage. Curious to see the area under the curve. Not bothered about the power so much. I have a similar set up. :thumb:

IMI A said:
Oh well I'll pop down there myself at some stage. Curious to see the area under the curve. Not bothered about the power so much. I have a similar set up. :thumb:

Better off looking at the gap to car behind

996ttalot said:
996ttalot said:
IMI A said:
You should get your car down here for a dyno. I'd love to see the power and torque curve compared to stock. These guys have the best chassis dyno in the UK

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/dyno/information

:thumb:

900ps if you listen to others :grin:

I've put that guy on 6bling straight a few times - the amount of BS he spouts is unbelievable and he's quoting about 1000PS for his Champion 68mm VTGS nowadays - mind you everyone on 6bing has no less than 730 PS or more lol some on stock VTGS lol :D

So how are you finding the 9e 28 compared to stock? Is it a daily driver. :thumbs:

So I got my first dry day so I took her out for a little run. Stuck it in power and gave it some all I can say is wow. The pull from the engine 9e has produced is amazing. The speedo moves round as quick as the Rev counter and doesn't stop pulling. Cheers ken and the boys. Iam looking forward to getting a quick shift fitted and then the first track day at Goodwood

Going from almost standard to this sort of power must feel crazy to drive, and at least now you know you have a bullet proof engine.
I just hope the waiting list at 9e isn't too long as i hope to book in soon.

That's the good thing about it you can switch it from normal to sport it's so easy to drive no massive lag and the power is so linear I would contact ken as soon as you get a chance just so you can run through different options with him I would suggest one thing though and that's the capristo exhaust as it sounds like it should have done from the factory and again if you want it to be quiet you can or if you want it straight through. I prefer sport mode when the back pressure builds it opens the butterfly's and sounds awesome

996ttalot said:
IMI A said:
So how are you finding the 9e 28 compared to stock? Is it a daily driver. :thumbs:
I think he is enjoying it...received a text "By f$$$ this is quick suppose I will be back for suspension and brakes"

:grin:

Upgrading the brakes and suspension is a must. The 9e 28 power package exaggerates how poor the body control is on stock 997 turbo suspension. Brakes are fine but on a steel set up after about 20-30 laps on track they begin to fade. Brake lines and brake fluid should be upgraded too IMO.

9e 28 on track

:D

Attachments

• img_3920_1024_167.jpg
    img_3920_1024_167.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 6,787
I agree. Just need to do some more work and earn some more money. Getting married in 5 months so that's getting in the way a little lol

Richcruss said:
I agree. Just need to do some more work and earn some more money. Getting married in 5 months so that's getting in the way a little lol

Good to see you have your priorities sorted. Turbo will make superb wedding car by the way. Any pics of the car? :D

Here's one of the other day when we actually had some nice weather on the weekend at goodwood

Attachments

• image_138.jpeg
    image_138.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 6,639
Looks good in a dakar racer 959 way! All the 9e 28 I know of are black!!

Once you're in position to move forward on the suspension try the TPC DSC module first and see what you think. Good cost effective suspension mod. If you do go for lowering springs go for the 997 C4 GTS PASM sport spring. Users have found them to be the best lowering spring and they're designed to work with PASM and sag less than the aftermarket springs. GT2 rear ARB also helps dial out understeer. 15mm rear and 7mm spacers really help fill the wheel arches out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back