Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo - The Stormtrooper

Looks great. Nice one for the front lights tip, going to order some for mine ;)

darkhorse said:
Looks great. Nice one for the front lights tip, going to order some for mine ;)

Good stuff! Will save you a bit of head scratching!

Well with the ongoing worldwide chaos have found myself with some extra time at home so taking advantage to get some jobs done to the car,

Had an SPH-DA230DAB Pioneer lying around which was previously in my Cayman as well as the 987/997 Double din fascia adapter

Connects2 brand MOST adapter Kit (CTSP0005.2) which I picked up from eBay a few months back for 60 Quid along with a Steering wheel adapter cable to fit the pioneer,(CTPIONEERLEAD) second hand but unused BARGAIN!!

Installation was a doddle the kit worked perfectly, Had read posts previously about the loss of fade control whilst fitting the aftermarket head units so found setting the fade to Rear 7 on the PCM prior to removing worked best,

Completely Plug-n-play all works great including the steering wheel controls, Id recommend the connects2 kits if you are planning doing a head unit up grade!

Attachments

• d3cb19cf_207d_46f2_a5c6_87d11188ac9a_1_201_a_182.jpeg
    d3cb19cf_207d_46f2_a5c6_87d11188ac9a_1_201_a_182.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,932
Before and after....much prefer the cleaner look and modern functionality! :D

Attachments

• img_3238_292.jpg
    img_3238_292.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 1,916
  • img_3240_151.jpg
    img_3240_151.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 1,916
  • img_3246_632.jpg
    img_3246_632.jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 1,916
Good job I have been gathering the relevant bits to do this got everything but the headunit :D is the surround sitting flush ? I just had this delivered today at the second attempt having previously sent me the wrong one .

Gazc2 said:
Good job I have been gathering the relevant bits to do this got everything but the headunit :D is the surround sitting flush ? I just had this delivered today at the second attempt having previously sent me the wrong one .

its fine once its all clicked into place, its the second car I've used it in. fitted both well .... colour match is good also :thumbs:

Looks sweet as a nut! If I were lucky enough to own her, I'd be working some black accents in there :thumb:

J80 EWN said:
Gazc2 said:

its fine once its all clicked into place, its the second car I've used it in. fitted both well .... colour match is good also :thumbs:

When I fitted my same head unit yesterday, I found the bottom edge of my new grey trim would not stay in. And looked like your top photo. So I drilled 2 4mm holes in the side supports and added 2 self tapper screws exactly where the lower clips meet the frame. The screws spread the clips & hold them firm allowing me to position the trim perfectly flush.

My connect 2 fit was not exactly plug & play as one wire for the amp wake up was in the wrong place & I had to un-pin the fibre optic extension for the phone kit. I also found that the unit powered up when the key was inserted, but powered off unless I went to full ignition position. So I found the correct key in (accessory live) wire and replaced the red wire in the Pioneer loom. Works more like the factory radio now imo.

Sounds incredible with the Bose Sub btw.

Another lockdown project......... So searching for a fire Extinguisher mount for the turbos AS Seats didn't prove as simple as id initially thought....seems you can retrofit a factory bracket, but involves dismantling the seat/ removing the leather etc which I wasn't keen to do...

I found most aftermarket brackets online specifically stated that they are not compatible with Adaptive Sports Seats......

After digging on some forums learned that SpeedTactics (USA) made a suitable bracket which was compatible, but also found the company shut down in December last year,

I couldn't find one used for love nor money so decided to have a crack at making my own......got dimensions of the said bracket from an enlarged photo using the front seat bolt centres as a reference ,then fabricated from stock aircraft grade aluminium plate, Self etch primed , Chip resistant satin alloy wheel paint and finished off with some Brake calliper decals,

made a couple of variation of the original hole pattern and a blank spare which can be drilled to suit possibly for , They pop under the front seat mounting bolts so can fit and take it back out in minutes when the clean look is required!

Originals were advertised as compatible with all 911s from the 993 onwards as well as Boxter , Cayman , Cayenne , Mac and Panamera, so guess they will come in handy!

Attachments

• img_3563_127.jpeg
    img_3563_127.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 1,296
  • img_3558_188.jpeg
    img_3558_188.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • img_3539_156.jpeg
    img_3539_156.jpeg
    706.6 KB · Views: 1,296
  • img_3457_203.jpeg
    img_3457_203.jpeg
    983.7 KB · Views: 1,296
  • img_3451_220.jpeg
    img_3451_220.jpeg
    736.4 KB · Views: 1,296
  • img_3450_201.jpeg
    img_3450_201.jpeg
    953.2 KB · Views: 1,296
  • img_2943_103.jpeg
    img_2943_103.jpeg
    795.5 KB · Views: 1,296
Lovely looking motor, but I would say that. It's nearly the
Mirror image of mine. I'm in Livingston so not a million
Miles from you. Maybe a meet up to see the twins together. :)

I've changed the wheels to 997 Sport Classics, and my car has the
Standard front splitter. Previous owner fitted that as Aero kit one was
Catching on his driveway entrance.

Attachments

• cf8d31c9_0062_47e8_bdac_d233349c894f_198.jpeg
    cf8d31c9_0062_47e8_bdac_d233349c894f_198.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 1,238
alan Laing said:
Lovely looking motor, but I would say that. It's nearly the
Mirror image of mine. I'm in Livingston so not a million
Miles from you. Maybe a meet up to see the twins together. :)

I've changed the wheels to 997 Sport Classics, and my car has the
Standard front splitter. Previous owner fitted that as Aero kit one was
Catching on his driveway entrance.

Yeah that sound like a great idea!would make an interesting set of photos for sure!

Did the previous owner pass the aero splitter on to you? Ive actually been thinking about taking mine off to preserve it and fitting a sacrificial replica...

Sadly no front aero splitter came with the car, keeping meaning to get one
And keep it as a spare.

J80 EWN said:
Before and after....much prefer the cleaner look and modern functionality! :D

I did the same but painted the heater controls and the surrounds.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• painted_pcm_193.jpg
    painted_pcm_193.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 716
J80 EWN said:
Well with the ongoing worldwide chaos have found myself with some extra time at home so taking advantage to get some jobs done to the car,

Had an SPH-DA230DAB Pioneer lying around which was previously in my Cayman as well as the 987/997 Double din fascia adapter

Connects2 brand MOST adapter Kit (CTSP0005.2) which I picked up from eBay a few months back for 60 Quid along with a Steering wheel adapter cable to fit the pioneer,(CTPIONEERLEAD) second hand but unused BARGAIN!!

Installation was a doddle the kit worked perfectly, Had read posts previously about the loss of fade control whilst fitting the aftermarket head units so found setting the fade to Rear 7 on the PCM prior to removing worked best,

Completely Plug-n-play all works great including the steering wheel controls, Id recommend the connects2 kits if you are planning doing a head unit up grade!

Did this work and connect plug and play with no messing? Wondering how it connected with he BOSE system in your car?
Force is strong in this one....

tgdesign said:
I did the same but painted the heater controls and the surrounds.
I am considering doing that to mine too, do you have any pictures of yours?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back