Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Dashboard Removal

Jon Willmott

Hello all,

I have to replace my dashboard on my 997.1 because the evaporator in the heater box is leaking. This unfortunately means the dashboard needs to be removed to replace the evaporator / heater box. I have looked online and there is no guidance on how to do this - the workshop manual also does not provide guidance. Does anyone know of any guidance available? TIA

This guy has just done it! Not sure if there is enough information in the video(s) for you to follow it completely... worth a look

I had a warranty claim for this on a previous 911 and it took hours and hours to do. I had to get a bit heavy with them as they were breaking fixings all over the place and I said if it sounded like a bag of spanners afterwards they would get it back. Ended up epoxying in some of the fixings and it was fine. Probably not possible to do it again though.

Be very careful if you do it yourself and definitely not for the occasional diy mechanic.

I had a warranty claim for this on a previous 911 and it took hours and hours to do. I had to get a bit heavy with them as they were breaking fixings all over the place and I said if it sounded like a bag of spanners afterwards they would get it back. Ended up epoxying in some of the fixings and it was fine. Probably not possible to do it again though.

Be very careful if you do it yourself and definitely not for the occasional diy mechanic.
Yes it's a full-on job and definitely likely to break some bits. My concern is the same as yours - loads of rattles! thanks for the post..

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back