Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 colour change

MarkIIII

Has anyone on the forum done this, bare Etal full colour change. Assuming the engine is out of the car, I assume this would be straight forward.

Any ideas on cost with a good body shop, assuming not to much metal work is needed.

Cheers
Mark

Colour change £15k+.

£15k plus VAT is what Porsche Reading's resto team charge but will be a bit more if there is much to do with rot etc. I think Ty Riviera, RPM Technik, Precison Porsche etc could do it for for half or three quarters of the amount Porsche charge ;)

I looked at the work of all of these others vs Porsche and Porsche were better but they should be at double the money.

Mine was painted twice previously after an off on track by https://autobodytechnic.com Avoid these imposters like the plague.

Last edited:
£15 to £25k
Just depends on what else you find

I don't think -you would get a bare metal repaint for £7500. Maybe the outside panels only!

I don't think -you would get a bare metal repaint for £7500. Maybe the outside panels only!
Thanks everyone for your replies, plenty of food for thought.

Assuming no real metalwork issues, I would hope that 15k plus 10% contingency would be a reasonable point to for budgeting/planning

Cheers
Mark

Mark done this a few times, 964 from Red to Ruby and 993 from black to maritime Plus some others now sold.
i normally will do exterior plus engine bay and leave front trunk.
Reason for this is lot of work plus carpet covers but if you sell and owners wants to return to original it’s pretty straight fwd.
Prices on these cars have risen and also low build numbers so new owners have option.
Prices for this kind of work is obviously more expensive than North of country from what’s been quoted

Mark done this a few times, 964 from Red to Ruby and 993 from black to maritime Plus some others now sold.
i normally will do exterior plus engine bay and leave front trunk.
Reason for this is lot of work plus carpet covers but if you sell and owners wants to return to original it’s pretty straight fwd.
Prices on these cars have risen and also low build numbers so new owners have option.
Prices for this kind of work is obviously more expensive than North of country from what’s been quoted
Thanks Boydy, good advice regarding the trunk.
My preference would be to find the tight car with a colour I like, issue nowadays is C2 manuals are getting like hens teeth......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back