Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

12 years an owner (nearly)

Thanks phil, i will probably go for the RSS as not planning to track the car so dont need the option to change the stiffness. Oops and thanks basildon993 :D

:thumb: :grin: sounds good to me mate , good luck keep us posted how its going :grin:

Thanks apollo, I must admit it certinaly doesnt look its age, unlike me :eh!:

Ordered RSS semi solid engine mounts and function first sports transmission mounts today. Should be fitted 3/4 October :D

Dexterich said:
Ordered RSS semi solid engine mounts and function first sports transmission mounts today. Should be fitted 3/4 October :D

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the set up after fitting them, I love the slightly mechanical GT3ness of the way the car feels and it rides flat and no engine swing. adds a lot of confidence when hitting corners . :thumb: :grin:

Loving all this carbon dipping. That scuttle and centre console look really really good. Any links to the dippers you both used. Nothing better than a recommendation from a happy customer.

Shurv said:
Loving all this carbon dipping. That scuttle and centre console look really really good. Any links to the dippers you both used. Nothing better than a recommendation from a happy customer.

Shurv, here's who did mine mate, you can post the bits to them.Send them pics of the parts in situ on you car, so they can visualise how it goes that way the carbon weave will flow in the same direction on each piece that's side by side.

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/

Had the rss engine mounts and yellow function first transmission inserts fitted yesterday. Loving the feel of the car which is 'tighter' amd more connected. Its not tranformative but enough to notice the difference. A little NVH increase but only really noticeable if held at 3500 to 4000rpm.
Looking forward to getting it on a decent run.

Re: 12 years an owner (nearly) - centre console

Thank you for this! - btw your car is so nice!

Dexterich said:
The console was looking a bit tired, the rubberised paint finish was scratched and no longer cleaning up very well. I always fancied the carbon console but wasn't happy to pay the price - then I discovered carbon dipping a couple of months ago and this spurred me into action. I found a guy in Leeds and proceeded to remove the console using instructions from the McCarbon site (very good). Once out of the car, stripping the wiring and parts off the console for dipping (it gets immersed in water) was ok except for the cigarette lighters which defied my attempts. After much searching I found a post on here (thanks :worship:) that indicated you need to 'drift' them out from behind. I didn't quite believe the description at first but it worked fine - see pic. You don't need such a large piece of wood, that's just what I had to hand. The tiptronic surround was tricky as the silver plate (with P, R, D, etc) cannot be removed, it's trapped in the unit. The guy dipping it was able to mask this off - but it's not easy. It also turns out that you first rub down and paint the items and the colour is important as this shows through the carbon print. I really like how these turned out and am planning to have a few more items done the same. One nice thing about dipping is that the items are lacquered so you can polish them to remove any scratches etc. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back