Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C4S PDK 12 year service

ianwC4S

Hi all,

997.2 C4S PDK big 12 year service due in a months time and looking at where to get it serviced near Dudley. Bought the car last year and until now has full OPC history, not sure whether to stick with OPC or not but just looking to see if anyone has experience of the following;

Ramus Porscha West Bromwich
Two plus two Brierley Hill
OPC Wolverhampton

I'll be giving them a call for costs over the next few days to see what the difference is, I'll also be looking to call into the 2 indie's to have a chat and get a feel for long term servicing and maintenance if I move away from OPC.

Ian

The wrong side of Birmingham, but I've used Zuffenhaus for the last 5 years and really can't fault them!

After contacting my local garages about the 12 year service, two plus two declined as they work on earlier Porsches and don't want to get involved with PDK gearboxes, Ramus were difficult to get a price from, eventually did but not impressed with their lack of customer service, didn't call me back on two occasions and I ended up chasing them, Wolverhampton OPC were great, called me back discussed what work would be done and could provide a car (non Porsche) for the day of the service BUT flippin expensive.

This led me to Zuffenhaus, their location is a bit further than I would have liked (45mins) but thought I'd give them a call. What a breath of fresh air, spoke to Paul, had a good chat about Porsche servicing and about my journey so far with my car, just what I was looking for, an enthusiast...booking car in for early August...even better, he was the cheapest of the prices I had.

Tom_nieto....thanks for the recommendation...

Have used the guys at Zuffenhaus for the last 5 years. Can't recommend them enough, great service great team. I travel about 35 miles each way, you won't be disappointed

I always used ramus when I had my 996 (have an R8 now but that is up for sale and I'm looking for a 997.2).
I had no issues at all, mark the head mechanic is fantastic.
I'm only round the corner from you in Cradley/Halesowen.

No problem! I hope your experience is as good as mine! Paul is definitely an enthusiast and it's really reflected in the way the service is run.

Had a coolant hose pop off my car the other day on the motorway. A clip had failed and luckily no damage (phew!). Called Zuffenhaus who had no issue with taking the car straight from the recovery truck. The car was recovered straight to them and 24 hours later I was back on the road. Sure it was a simple job, but to have looked at it so quickly is reflective of their excellent service.

Update.

Car went in to Zuffenhaus for the big 12 year service, all complete, PDK gearbox seems much smoother. Great service from Paul & Mike, the only things that needed doing above the service were replacement heat shields and to clean and grease brake lines (picked up on the mot).

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back