Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 cab luggage solution

Alex

Nordschleife
Don't know whether I've already mentioned it but I'm off to the South of France for two weeks on Tuesday :grin:

Myself, the girl next-door and our dog. So as usual with these cars and women, space needs to be fully utilised. I did a bit of measuring up last week and sourced something that would fit in one half of the back without blocking the rear view.
It arrived today so I've just done a trial run for size and it's an absolute perfect fit stood upright behind the drivers seat in the back. I have removed the rear seats as I don't want the old pooch doodling on the leather with his nails so that has given me an extra inch or two, but I bet it's still be a perfect fit with the seats in.
Not just that, I also tried it in the froot and it's a perfect snug fit (for a C4 or Turbo). Just wish I'd bought 2 now.

What did I get? A mitre team kit bag. 39cm x 40cm x 70cm and a whopping
110 litre capacity They also print your 'team name' on it for free so me being a bit cheesy could only think of one thing :lol:

£17 delivered and custom-made for the job: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291477413429

20150829_151903_zps2jg4qoip.jpg

There will be a photo won't there? :?: :thumb:

The reluctant advantage of travelling roof up is the storage space under the rear window. The bigger advantage of travelling roof down is that your case/bag doesn't jam up against the roof lining. :floor:

Nice one mate - have a great trip - looking forward to an update and some pics - hope the weathers fine..... Get that roof down :grin:

Photos as requested in both froot and rear. Just wish I'd have bought 2 now. Has all the GFs stuff in for 2 weeks and some of mine too and still some space to get an extra couple of items in.

20150901_113443_zps3q6gmhqe.jpg

20150901_113613_zpsvfuwo10k.jpg

20150901_113625_zpspyism7ai.jpg

The bag doesn't look that big, but seriously - you could easy fit a person or 2 in it. Might need to cut and chop a bit to get all the pieces in :grin:

alex yates said:
The bag doesn't look that big, but seriously - you could easy fit a person or 2 in it. Might need to cut and chop a bit to get all the pieces in :grin:

I would be careful where you go with this Alex - last time I knew police and MI6 were still unclear on cause of death of their spy Gareth Willims (body in the locked bag etc!!) Would hate your France trip to be ruined.

moorhouse said:
alex yates said:

I would be careful where you go with this Alex - last time I knew police and MI6 were still unclear on cause of death of their spy Gareth Willims (body in the locked bag etc!!) Would hate your France trip to be ruined.

Too true, but I can't see where the bath will fit? Back in a mo, someone's knocking on the door.......... :eek:

You could always just jam your passengers in anywhere that they will fit :D

[/img]

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back