This has to be a misprint or a scam surely?

Albionmuz

Barcelona
<advert link expired>

No contact details that I can see, is this George Eaton's latest little jape?

Definate scam. I looked at this yesterday and recall seeing the same car for sale a few weeks back, in the £40k's IIRC.

If only it was legit... i'd be knocking on their door with a fistful of used notes. :grin:

C.

cableguy said:
Definate scam. I looked at this yesterday and recall seeing the same car for sale a few weeks back, in the £40k's IIRC.

If only it was legit... i'd be knocking on their door with a fistful of used notes. :grin:

C.

Problem being there doesn't appear to be anyone to contact. Weird

Scam Fail

Mileage in the interior pic looks like 125k, rather than 60k.

Albionmuz said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-993/porsche-911-993/8577190

No contact details that I can see, is this George Eaton's latest little jape?

Done their dough and tail end of the bell curve :dont know:

Ashgood car. Nice dog dick red interior but the comfort seats combination remind me of my scrotum having just gotten out of a very hot bath :what:

Agreed re seats in Ashgood car although I sympathise for your poor wife's eyes. :grin:
Seat change and a Black 3 Spoke Wheel and that be a cracking C2.

C.

cableguy said:
Seat change and a Black 3 Spoke Wheel and that be a cracking C2.

My thoughts exactly.

Zingari said:
but the comfort seats combination remind me of my scrotum having just gotten out of a very hot bath :what:

LOL - I was thinking what a great car, but could now never buy that colour combo........

I was bored so emailed the seller. Not supr8singly there's a story lol, here's his reply. I already reported it to PH as a scam...

First time, thank you for showing an interest in my 1997 Porsche 911 993 Carrera. I have attached some photos of the car. The car is perfect condition, no scratches, no need for additional repairs, also you can verified the service history using Reg#pP723VFA, MOT until 25.06 2018, HPI clear, and has 60,000 total miles. My asking price is actually the exact amount I need to update my vehicle, thus I am looking to get £17,000 in order to avoid any delays.

Currently I'm on a meeting of doctors in Warsaw (Poland) traveling due to the nature of my job, if you are a serious buyer, we can sort out the details in next mail.

Regards,

Dr. Michael Anderson

I am guessing he is a colleague of British surgeon George Eaton.

Bodmin - please go with a version of 'Father Bateyoo Reelgud The Church of Fish and Bread'. I have never read that one before - thats hilarious! :floor:

Looks like the usual scam approach, please pay a deposit to a third party fully refundable if you don't proceed and I will arrange for the car to be inspected by you - cash and seller never to be seen again. I thought these type of scams had run there course but perhaps we have a new wave of scamsters.

Apologies for high-jacking the thread but I thought George Eaton was the innocent party that sort of got taken advantage of by a.n.other. I know there is a lengthy thread on the whole story that I did sort of dip into a bit at the time but it got confusing so I gave up - was Eaton innocent or have I misunderstood?

Sorry for going off at a tangent.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...