Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full Body Repair. Advice and pricing wise.

simonlin

Silverstone
Hi! All hope everyone are well!
I recently had a little accident with the car and now is getting repaired this week.
I went to the workshop and have seen the damage has been pull out and has not been filled in yet but probably will need a little filler but nothing has been cut at all so quite please with it.
I was enquiring how much for a full respray and windows out and the arches are quite rusty inside at the rim in both front and rear.
Do you buy new arches for the front or have it restored? as the guy said it be cheaper to get new front wings than have the rust cut out and trying to form a new piece to weld back, as the shape is awkward.
I am not sure so that's why I am asking.
The rear arches will have to see if there are companies which have arches made and then just weld the rim piece back on.
Can anyone give advice regarding a full respray and cost as mind was quoting around £10,000 plus Vat and the wings are not included.
Advice on any company which does the full respray without new wings and cut out rear arches?
Thank you hope you understand what I am meaning. lol
All Best everyone. Take care.
Simon.

I’d speak to Ty at riviera. He’s a brilliant guy and whilst I can’t speak for your car and condition- he did a full colour change ans rsr / gt2 kit + other bits for iro 10k - so might be good to talk to him.

I’d speak to Ty at riviera. He’s a brilliant guy and whilst I can’t speak for your car and condition- he did a full colour change ans rsr / gt2 kit + other bits for iro 10k - so might be good to talk to him.
Thank you very much :)

For a professional job glass out I'd say prices start at £10k+. It'll be cheaper up north. Wings if they're similar price to earlier cars are over £1,000 each. The NS wing is more expensive. Taking them off is easy so by replacing the wings you're saving the labour costs of the welding which might/might not work out cheaper?

What about the windscreen surrounds front and back and front scuttle - the classic rust area for 993. A lot of common rust areas are effectively menu pricing on these.

I'd avoid filler other than when they use a thin layer to smooth out imperfections prior to paint. Plastic padding sales seemed to die out when British Leyland folded.

For a professional job glass out I'd say prices start at £10k+. It'll be cheaper up north. Wings if they're similar price to earlier cars are over £1,000 each. The NS wing is more expensive. Taking them off is easy so by replacing the wings you're saving the labour costs of the welding which might/might not work out cheaper?

What about the windscreen surrounds front and back and front scuttle - the classic rust area for 993. A lot of common rust areas are effectively menu pricing on these.

I'd avoid filler other than when they use a thin layer to smooth out imperfections prior to paint. Plastic padding sales seemed to die out when British Leyland folded.
Hi! Thank you Zingari,
The windows and rear windows has rust bubbles as usual but not really that bad, as I was wanting to get rid of the rust around the front and rear arches and have the front bumper and bonnet resprayed . There are rust bubbling up around the joints by the rubber seals around the body, so that's why I may as well get a full respray.
The wings are around £1500 plus each as I been searching so thats will amount more cost so whether it be worth it or not.
I am not selling the car but want to keep the rust off as the car is nearly 30years old.
Cheers.

I had the dilemma of new wings on the 964 but for me it was an easy choice to go new. Labour adds up quite quickly and the thought of all that money and still having welded older wings made it easy for me!

I have used Riviera in the past and they did a perfectly satisfactory job, I'm sure Ty will look after you. I elected to use Sportwagen for my full respray. Was significantly more than £10K but "you pays your money you takes your choice". I knew any imperfection would annoy me and the prospect of Zingari waving his collini stick in my direction induced some quick man maths. Pay high but pay once.

I don't know where you are based but I recently had some work done on my C2S by Gregg Howell of Southam Bodies which was excellent. He has a lot of experience with 964's and 993's and a Porsche Owner.
https://greghowell.co.uk/ 01926 813676 Email Address: [email protected]

Don’t know where you are but Proline in Earls Barton do a fantastic job at a very reasonable price. They restored my sons E46 and were able to cut it old rear arches and fit new. Paint match was superb, they also undertook a full repaint of my 997 at under 7k

Attachments

• 9be07d51-0d61-4664-a18c-dc91bf6e8887.jpeg
    9be07d51-0d61-4664-a18c-dc91bf6e8887.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 12
  • 42ff1a96-dd79-48ed-99c1-217caa2cad35.jpeg
    42ff1a96-dd79-48ed-99c1-217caa2cad35.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 12
Thats a great price , assuming its labour only ? How long ago was it ?
For a professional job glass out I'd say prices start at £10k+. It'll be cheaper up north.
Can you recommend anyone in particular.
Popular outfits in Cheshire and Stafford asking at least 12k for labour only, as they are busy with work from across the pond, who ship their cars over with an open cheque book.

depends on where you are based @simonlin
there are good body shops all over the country

Don’t know where you are but Proline in Earls Barton do a fantastic job at a very reasonable price. They restored my sons E46 and were able to cut it old rear arches and fit new. Paint match was superb, they also undertook a full repaint of my 997 at under 7k
Thank you thats stunning.

Hey Simon. I’m cardiff based .
I’d suggest locally - Shaun @ davies motor company - Hadfield Road . Great guy. Do all the work for McLaren Lamborghini etc etc - moving more into classics.

Redcastle classics - old school. No experience personally - but have painted a g body I’d seen a few years ago and it was mega.

Aspray Spray Caerphilly painted a mates 840 and it’s amazing .

I’d have no problem recommending all of the above.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisN2804
Back