Refund on unused Porsche Warranty

T8

Super Moderator
I'd always known that an OPC warranty could be transferred to a private buyer and would be voided if the car was sold to a non-OPC dealer but I only learned yesterday that if you sell the car to any other car dealer you can claim back a pro-rata amount for the time remaining.

Just thought I'd share.

not to dredge up a thread from the depths but as I'm about to trade in my 997 (after only renewing the warranty 3 months ago) I'll be testing this. The terms and conditions of the Porsche Approved Warranty do indeed say that you are entitled to a pro-rata refund; I'll post a how to when/if successful!

Ditto

You can only claim back (pro rata for time remaining) - but only if you have not claimed on it. (however minor the claim may have been).

That shows confidence in the cars then. I think T8 has his engine out twice a week.

MC

lucky for me I haven't claimed and will only have had one and a half month's of cover from it! We'll see how much that translates to pro-rata

Pro-rata ought to mean the amount of time left from when you cancel to the original expiry date. There may be a cancellation charge of £50 or similar. That's what Warranty Direct do anyway, so if you cancelled 45 days into a 365 day policy, they would refund for 320 days, subject to their not being any claims.

MisterCorn said:
That shows confidence in the cars then. I think T8 has his engine out twice a week.

MC

Twice in 3 weeks actually. :hand:

ps. I did know that it the refund was only if a claim hadn't been made but as I've had my next 3 years worth in the last 3 weeks I can't complain.

Fingers crossed it won't let me down in the next 1200 miles / 4 days. See you at Le Shuttle ........ in 8.5 hours time

:bye:

Lucky for me I only have 7 hours and 2 miles to go. German engineering FTW.

MC

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...