Range Rover Velar

rpm

Nurburgring
Went to a launch event for the new Range Rover Velar this evening.

Not sure about this one - the styling makes it look really long.

Range starts at about £44k but this particular model was an eye watering £84k!!

The wife and I are big LR fans (we currently have a Disco Sport and Freelander 2), but this one doesn't do it for me. A RR Sport or Jag F-Pace would take my money.

Attachments

• 20170522_174737_148.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 5,734
  • 20170522_174746_192.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 5,734
  • 20170522_175010_391.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 5,734
In the words of my mate who runs a RR franchise "I hope its more reliable than the rest of the range" :floor: Some horror stories from him with both the discoveries and discovery sports.

My L405 has just been recalled for a new suspension and its on its second engine and turbos :nooo:

I still love them though and no doubt these will sell well

Re the F-Pace I was really disappointed with the finish on them so much plastic, a real step down from the RR's IMHO

OK so whats it trying to be its too city to be a disco or freelander , its not classy enough to be a full fat RR or sport. is not cute and girlie enough to be a school run mums evoque , so what its it for , :?: :dont know:

I've been really impressed with SWMBO evoque with the new Jaguar engine but I specced active suspension which I think makes a big difference to the ride. Its is a fully loaded autobiography though which makes a massive difference to the cabin ie better / full leather etc...... It does feel like a small FFRR in full spec which is good but they are small compared to other SUV's in the same class especially in the rear.

The sport, I had a high spec loaner whilst my FFRR was having a new engine and compared to the FF I did not like it, yes it was sportier but its not in the same class as the Macan IMHO which is a direct comparison (whereas I don't think the KN is in the same class as FFRR)

I've only sat in the new Discovery and its erm BIG, looks a lot more like a FFRR inside but I'm not sure thats a good think as it shouldn't, it should be aimed at a different audience, lost me when I realised it no longer had a split tailgate, now the hell are you supposed to see over hedges now :nooo:

And dont' get me started on the disco sport, sooooo much plastic :nooo:

So where does the new one fit in :dont know:

I saw a new Disco Sport on the M6 today :nooo: it looks like they have reverse engineered a Chinese " Landwind " POS and got it all wrong, have never seen an uglier car in my life :sad:

Sadly my new daily isn`t going to be British at this rate :nooo:

I thought of this when I saw the new discovery:

The ssangyong Rodius.

Is that Velar trying to be like a BMW X6 and fill a gap in the market that doesn't actually exist?

jonttt said:
So where does the new one fit in :dont know:

My money was on you getting one of these first :wink:

Nah, I'm sticking two fingers up at the tax man and have ordered a hybrid, 180MPG .......I'll be lucky if it gets 35mpg :floor:........ what a farce but I'll play.

I think they look nearly exactly the same as the Jaguar F Pace .... If I was to be buying a RR it would defiantly be the Sport. You can get a decent spec Sport for £84k!

Fall out of bed pricewise these cars :what:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...