LEAKED! 2018 911 [991] GT2 RS: the most powerful 911

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Some very official-looking photos of Porsche's most powerful 911 ever have leaked onto the internet via Rennlist. If you can't wait for the cover to be taken off of the 'mystery car" at Goodwood, look here now. Here's a better look at the new 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS.

This car looks like the business. There's lengths of carbon fibre in the cabin, a half-cage for additional stiffness and bright red accents everywhere, including on most of the wheel.

It appears as though the car will also come with a high-performance Weissach Package of some sort given the very obvious Weissach badging in some (but not all) of these photos. Weissach is the location of Porsche's test track, and the Weissach Package was the fastest combination of additional go-fast goodies you could order on the Porsche 918. It's fitting, given that allocations of this car are expected to go primarily to 918 owners.

If you're a watch person, you're in for a special treat. One of the leaked photos also showed off a matching watch, complete with matching red alcanatara wristband and a matching carbon fibre-accented face.

Personally, I'm more intrigued by that ESC + TC OFF button. It's there, begging to be pressed. I believe that's how you make the donuts.

---------------------------------------------

Very nice pictures thanks for sharing. Apart from the performance figures (I heard around 700PS?) I wonder how much extra they are going to hit you for that matching watch

:thumb:
Interesting photos, not keen on the red cabin roof and pillars, but the future doesn't look like I'll be owning one to have that problem :grin:

Styling wise, immediately very similar to a new Turbo S, with a dirty big rear compression wing again. Nice car for sure, but is it 'wow', compared to buying a standard Turbo S and bolting on a wing, part roll cage etc?

There os one thing for sure , it will be a monster on the track , but only the faithful with deep pockets will get the chance to buy....

I'm still not sure that the automatic offer to the 918 owners is a good mantra to have and repeat each time though .....

There is obviously a client target for any car with the price tag the GT2 RS will have ... But maybe the 918 owners are more likely to keep them and not flip them .....

It is a thing of beauty , that there is no denying but a bit too much red in there for me , so for that reason............I'm out ...

i heard the watch was spmething like an extra £8000

911TEL said:
It is a thing of beauty , that there is no denying but a bit too much red in there for me , so for that reason............I'm out ...

I'm sure Porsche will allow you to spec a different colour interior

FRP said:
i heard the watch was spmething like an extra £8000

Looks tasty :thumb:

Around 700ps? Is that the limit I wonder of how much Porsche can squeeze from a flat six :?:

(At least before moving it forward again in the next generation :grin: )

Reveal today at Goodwood (4.00pm)....then on the Porsche website 0.01am
Sat July 1st. 8)

nick w said:
Reveal today at Goodwood (4.00pm)....then on the Porsche website 0.01am
Sat July 1st. 8)

I saw it yesterday.

Roro said:
Looks tasty :thumb:

Around 700ps? Is that the limit I wonder of how much Porsche can squeeze from a flat six :?:

(At least before moving it forward again in the next generation :grin: )

If 9e and ESM can get more than 700ps out of the flat six all day long I think there's a lot more life in it yet.

However, they like to be able to find an extra 20-30ps for each new generation so maybe that is their plan... If so there must be many more years left of the flat 6 GT cars :thumbs:

Performance Figures:

HP = 690
PS = 700
kW = 515
Nm = 750
0-60 = 2.8 seconds

Top Speed = 211 mph / 340 kmh

I'm calling list price of £250k given the Ltd edition Turbo is 190k

£220k for the 'Weissach package', £190k for the 'basic version'.... :dont know:

..not withstanding the fact that you'd end up putting at least 10-15k worth of
options on too.

They will be instant classics though. Will probably double in value immediately like the 911r. And 700hp! I'm looking forward to seeing reviews.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...