Help needed

mike123

Trainee
Afternoon guys

I need to remove the headlamps and it appears that one of the hex bolts that releases the headlamp is snapped.

Any ideas on how I can get around this?

Cheers

Mike

Are you sure its snapped as sometimes they angle away and the tool wont connect.

The tool isnt worn or cracked is it ?

If not its possible its been rounded off a bit .. a selection of 1/4 inch sockets on an extension would be my first attempt , failing that you could pull the arch linner out and see what access you have .

Not something ive come accross before im afraid .. i usually manage to jam something on it in the end .

It had completely snapped off.

I managed to get the smallest of bites from a drill bit and the light came out.

Next question...... does anybody have idiot proof instructions to remove a 997 bumper?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, I had exactly the same issue, managed to get the light out by brute force really from the front (using some plastic interiror tools to lever the headlight) - must have been really tricky to get a drill bit in there .
I can't remember where I got mine but if you google you will find plenty of instructions for PU removal, it's not difficult but there are quite a few steps - I always take loads of photos as I go!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...