Got it!

DaleD53 said:
Brilliant car - well done it looks great. Out of interest how long did you have the 964 for ? - I was interested in your comparison :thumbs:

I had the 964 for about 12 years and have never kept a car for that length of time before - I always used to change cars every 18 months or so as I got bored with them!

The 997 has c100 bhp more and is just all round a more modern piece of machinery.

I am definitely not decrying the 964 as it is a great car but I think I was ready for a change to the extra power and a few more whistles and bells to play with.
I have to say I am so glad that I waited for a car with PSE - I just love that noise and have to open the windows as I go through tunnels and between high stone buildings! Just a kid at heart I guess.

They are all stunning cars but have definitely evolved over time . :thumb:

Attachments

• facebook_1490373439364_812.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,888
Very nice

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Fantastic specification in terms of build options. That would have left a bit of a tear to see that leave the home of the previous owner. It's pretty much got all the right desirable options making it a plug in and drive.

Apart from a PCM update (maybe), possibly a fresh service and let OPC cast fresh eyes over, it what a good find. :thumb:

Thankfully it has full OPC service history from new and the month before I bought it the previous owner had a minor service and brake fluid change done.

yes very nice example, black with heated sports seats and PSE are essentials but i am biased
Anything you plan to do to it ?

:congrats: :goodjob:

:drive:

Literally identical to my car except mine is a cabrio! Nice car, enjoy

seeforez said:
yes very nice example, black with heated sports seats and PSE are essentials but i am biased
Anything you plan to do to it ?

Not a great deal TBH. The PPI confirmed that a clutch will be needed soon (it was quite heavy on the test drive) so I will get that sorted fairly quickly and I will in time fit Zunsport grilles but at the moment I just want to get comfortable driving it. My 964 was a C4 and I am noticeably more cautious driving the 997 in the wet. It's definitely my confidence and not the car that I need to improve!
I have also been checking out suitable detailing products and will be going for Chemical Guys BlackLight and Black Wax to really bring the colour out. Thankfully SWMBO bought me a DAS 60 Pro DA polisher for Xmas (to restore the bodywork on my son's classic Mini!).
Ultimately I'll probably go for LED lights front and rear too.
And there's a couple of very minor blemishes on the wheels I'd like sorted.
And a couple of stone chips to resolve on the front end.

Did I really say I wasn't planning on doing much?

Perfect spec imo enjoy!! I used poor boys black hole it did a great job and easy to use!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...