Drive shaft rubber gaiter

Dashmore

Hi. I noticed last weekend that one of the inner (Diff/gearbox end) rubber drive shaft gaiters/sleeves on my 3.2 Carrera is split. Is this something I could replace quite easily in my garage at home; can it be fitted with the drive shaft still in place ? - or does it require the engine and gearbox etc. out ? Thanks.

Hello. Deafening silence ... Please could someone just reply so that at least I know that my post is on the Forum. I thought it was a fairly simple question and am a bit surprised that no one has replied with some advice. thanks.

Go to Impactbumper.com ask in there, a much better response will be had!

Hello. There is someone out there ! Thanks for coming on. But, I have tried impactbumper.com and it is just adverts; and links to other adverts.

My typing is good, thank you. I don't get the rest of your crytic message.
One of what at either end of what ?
And what is ???????
I have always found the impactbumpers.com site difficult. I tried to register some time ago and, although I know I got the answer right to the question it still wouldn't let me register.
I did have an exchange of emails with the guy running it and he said he knew there were problems but he still couldn't get me in. i gave up after a time.

Dashmore said:
My typing is good, thank you. I don't get the rest of your crytic message.
One of what at either end of what ?

Dashmore said:
I have tried impactbumper.com

There is an "s" missing in the site title you quoted, as there is a bumper at each end of the car it is plural :grin:

Hi Silver 718. Ahh... I get it now. Very clever. A bumper at either end. Like it. Unfortunately I only clicked on the link someone else sent me.
In the meantime I tried the forum on the Porsche Club GB site (I am a member) and got a reply very quickly. Obviously a better, more friendly. more informed Forum than 911UK.Com ! I shall know in future.
But thanks anyway.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...