Cheap Porsche for Monza F1 trip

silvermilnec

Albert Park
Hi guys,
I'm doing a driving trip to Monza for a friend 50th birthday.

One of the guys is British but works in America and will be flying over to do the trip. He looked at hiring a Porsche but it's over £3k plus Insurance.

We thought we could buy a cheap boxster and then just sell it when we got back. What the most reliable boxster? I'm sure some of you guys have run them! Do you think a budget of £5000 to £7000 would get us there and back lol

So best boxster for reliability and to re sell? And no we can't buy a 997.1 turbo manual and make some money selling it when it's gone up £500 in a month

Or are we mad Floor :grin:

Boxster 2.7k worth that when you come back if you don't wreck it.

obviously make sure you get one which has had the IMS done, which is why i like the red car!

For £5K I would buy that for the summer, stick it the garage for the winter and sell it at the start of next summer - oh wait we don't have summer in Scotland :duh:

I'd buy a cheap 924/944, drive the balls off of it on the way there and then fly back to the UK.

Scrap it when you get there, may pay for a beer at the airport :floor:

:thumb:

Well it's funny you ask, but every time I ask a question on other parts of the forum 991/boxster/detailing/buying advice I only get a couple of replies. I even had one of the mods ask us not to turn the 997 section into the new 993 section but I now think it's the most popular part of the site. Plus I thought the chances would be you guys would have had one or know a friend with one.
It just shows the 997 is a real enthusiast car!!

Cheers I'll take a look at the link!

HSC911 said:
I'd buy a cheap 924/944, drive the balls off of it on the way there and then fly back to the UK.

Scrap it when you get there, may pay for a beer at the airport :floor:

:thumb:

Not a bad shout 😂😂

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...