Black bucket seats in a grey interior car?

Kettmark

Silverstone
As per the above title, I have a full light grey interior in my silver 997.1 c2s. Have been unable to track down suitable grey bucket seats so contemplating putting black ones in.
Would this look totally silly?
I thought if I went for it, I could always get some black rear seats too.
Cheaper than re upholstering black buckets in grey and devaluing them when time comes to sell.
I will keep the original seats for relate time down the line.

If I were doing it , I would get from the breakers a black lower dash and armrest, gear know , hand break to bring it together . :thumb:

I went through the same dilemma with my grey interior car and I think it would never quite look right.
I considered retrimming the centre cushions in grey to tie it all in a bit, but it would still look odd.

In the end I had the black buckets fully retrimmed in grey. It's a shade out so you could still argue it doesn't match :grin: , but overall I think it looks a bazillion times better than it would have with them left black.

Covered on my thread here. Retrimming on page 13. End result on page 14. -

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118164&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240

:thumb:

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment. I run a black Sparco Evo II in the other car, and it does look a bit odd alongside the standard "sports" seat (black leather over red cloth), but I've no choice as I still need to get one of the children into the back (and the Evo II is a fixed back non-sliding bucket).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...