996 tiptronic manifolds

Nicoc4s

Trainee
IV been reading that the manifolds sold everywhere for our 996's are for manuals. Any one know where I can get one for a tiptronic model.

According to the Porsche PET, the manifolds are the same for manual or tip - the only different manifolds are for 3.6 cars with the X51 power upgrade. There are also different part numbers for the 3.6 manifolds vs the 3.4.

Any manifold I tried to purchase when I confirm to them it's for a 3.6 tiptronic all they say is 'it won't work with your car' only works on manual

Nicoc4s said:
Any manifold I tried to purchase when I confirm to them it's for a 3.6 tiptronic all they say is 'it won't work with your car' only works on manual

Have you tried ringing a Porsche Centre? They will confirm the manifolds are the same for manual or tip.

Was there ever clarity re the manifolds being different between tiptronics and manuals? I ask because i'm looking for a well priced stainless sports manifold for my 3.4 tiptronic.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...