991 GT3 - now gearbox replacements!

mike991GT3

Has anybody heard about gearbox replacements on 991 GT3 (Gen1 - obv). I have heard there are some that need replacing. Anybody heard any stuff about this?

The one I know of is a 7000 mile non-tracked car.

Mike

Mike, do you know what sort of fault is being experienced?
John

The car was changing gear more roughly when in auto mode - no problems manually at all. Even the auto change lumpy stuff wasn't too bad.

Porsche after investigating think it needs a whole new gearbox. It's out of warranty but really a new engine at 200 miles (as per the original 991 GT3 issue) and a new gearbox at 7,000 miles and no track time. It's just not good enough.

Waiting to hear what Germany says - hopefully their new 10 year and 100,000 mile warranty for these early 991 GT3 engines will cover this.

Lad I know is having huge issues with the gearbox on his GT3RS. Keeps putting the car into reduced power mode and fighting with Porsche to get a new box.

Don't know the differences between the gt3 pdk box and my c2s pdk box but mine is going strong after 43k miles. Touch wood.

Mike I've sent you a PM

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...